Solved Reflashing drive after beta/may dash update

• Thread starter kcgoatboy
  • Start date
  • Views 1,002
K

kcgoatboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok i did some searching and i could find any answers. I know the disc format update, with the beta dash, will be released in the May update. With that you must reflash your drive after teh update is applied in order to play your backed up games.

What i couldn't find is with the update, after you reflash will your consol be tagged for ban after you connect to xbl. Is there plans for a new LT firmware for post may update. Currently MS can't detect flashed firmware but what about after the update?

I may be over worrying but it seems odd to me that MS wouldn't try to get a bunch of firmware modders especially at this point. They reflash your drive "to enable new disc format". It just seems like a perfect time for them to add a system check upon system start up, cross checking a database in the dashboard with a new hidden key in the firmware.

All of that being said i came up with another question, if we reflash back to LT+, will that make the new disc format unplayable?

OceloT

OceloT

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
No-one knows if updating your Xbox with custom firmware will result in a flag. Your safest bet is to reflash your Xbox to stock then updating.

There is a new CFW being created by C4Eva, LT+ 2.0. There's no current release date yet for this.

LuPo

LuPo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have Had my Console flashed for months now Each time an update comes out I update, My console Is not currently flagged I am using the BETA dashboard as we speak with the new disc format and still am Not flagged.

No one can confirm that if updating with modded firmware flags you..
C4eva will have the new LT+ 2.0 out soon. It has added support for XGD3 along with some other incremental fixes.

K

kcgoatboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw that there is LT+ 2.0 for the slims, i assume there will be ones for the fat drives but you know what they say when you assume something. Of course the board is down at this time, has anyone seen word the there are plans for LT+2.0 for fat drives?

Gnarles

Gnarles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw that there is LT+ 2.0 for the slims, i assume there will be ones for the fat drives but you know what they say when you assume something. Of course the board is down at this time, has anyone seen word the there are plans for LT+2.0 for fat drives?

Yes, C4E is testing the LT 2.0+ FW for phat Liteon and BenQ drives. (see http://c4evaspeaks.com )

Rumor has it (keep in mind this is a rumor) that only Phat Liteon and BenQ drives will be flashed. Hitachis are difficult to flash (because of the Mode-B thing) and Sammy drives are unable to do the AP2.5 checks. Again, this has not been confirmed.

B

Biggiejackson

Reaction score
MAN this UPDATE is about NADA just finish update and tossed in some games 100% up it does not I repeat does not update your dashboard!