Redsn0w Unofficial Tethered Jailbreak

Discussion in 'Apple iOS' started by Psycho Homer, Feb 2, 2009 with 111 replies and 6,604 views.

1. Psycho Homer

Psycho Homer Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Required Files:
    Redsn0w Unofficial- [Click here to view the link]
    iPod 2.1, 2.2.1 IPSW- [Click here to view the link]

Steps

1) First you to extract redsn0w to a folder

2) After extracting redsn0w you need to put your iPod 2.1, 2.2.1 IPSW in that folder
    [​IMG]
    3) Like the picture above states you need to install ibUSB and the Microsoft C++ Redistributable package. All you have to do is click the orange buttons
    [​IMG]
    4) As stated above click the "Start Making IPSW File" button
    [​IMG]
    5) Now you have to put your iPod inDFU mode. PRess and hold the Power button and the Home button for 10 seconds. After 10 seconds has passed release the Power button and hold the Home button for another 8 seconds then release. Your iPod should have a black screen. After you see the black screen hit the "Upload DFU File" button. After uploading the file unplug your iPod for 2 seconds then reconnect the iPod. You should now have a white screen as seen in the next picture. Then click the "Upload Own Patch (bin)" button.
    [​IMG]
    6) Now a black screen should of popped up. In that prompt right click and selecte "Paste" the hit enter. This may take a minute or two to complete. Now open iTunes adn notice your iPod has registered. Pree your iPod on the side of iTunes. Hold the "Shift" button and press the recover button. And browse to your JailBroken.IPSW file
    [​IMG]
    7) Once again you have to put your iPod in DFU mode. After you see the black screen hit the "Upload DFU File" button. After uploading the file unplug your iPod for 2 seconds then reconnect the iPod. You should now have a white screen as seen in the next picture. Then click the "Upload Own Patch (bin)" button.
    [​IMG]
    8) While at the white screen hit the "Press Me" button. A commnd prompt will open. Right click in that window and select "Paste" then hit "Enter".
    [​IMG]
    9) Now you have to press the "Upload Patched DFU" button. Type in "go" and hit enter then type "/exit" and hit enter.Now hit the "Upload Patched IMG file" button. Type in "go" and hit enter then type "/exit" and hit enter.

Congratulations! You have succesfully done a tethered jail break on your 2nd Gen iPod Touch. If you reboot the iPod, just go back to Step 7 and follow it again.

**NOTICE** After yout turn your iPod off the jail break will go away!

• Like Like x 15
  2. nickcas

nickcas Member

Ratings:
  3. UKmonkey

UKmonkey Getting There

Ratings:
    Is this an easier way of doing the actual tethered Jailbreak or something?

Need another DL for the program its dead/404

4. Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty Free Sosa #bangbang Premium

Ratings:
    AWWW you beat me to it. I would throw in some pics of CMD process even tho its self explanatory so noobs don't get caught off gaurd when a black hole with letters starts rolling down their screen haha.

5. halolordkiller3

halolordkiller3 Member

Ratings:
    i made videos homer if u want ill post them:smile:

6. UKmonkey

UKmonkey Getting There

Ratings:
    Anyone want to upload the program it seems to be gone.

7. halolordkiller3

halolordkiller3 Member

Ratings:
  8. OP
    Psycho Homer

Psycho Homer Retired Retired

Ratings:
    I'm uploading the file.

• Like Like x 1
  9. UKmonkey

UKmonkey Getting There

Ratings:
  10. FaLCo

FaLCo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    It goes away after you reboot? What counts as a reboot? When it says "Slide to power off."? I put my ipod in sleep mode when i dont use it... Would that count as powering off?? Also when i connect to a comp does that reboot and remove jailbreak??

11. Shadoe

Shadoe Contributor

Ratings:
    No and No.

If anyone needs help with the jailbreaking, contact me.

12. FaLCo

FaLCo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    When i try to put my iPod into DFU mode it just resets... Idk wtf to do.

13. Shadoe

Shadoe Contributor

Ratings:
    Make sure it's connected to the computer.

Count in alligators

1alligator 2alligator and so on.

14. FaLCo

FaLCo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Ok i got it all to work. =]

15. II WaStEdPrO II

II WaStEdPrO II Member

Ratings:
    Didnt work for me. :cursing: My iPod's screan did not turn black while I was doing it, and it also didnt say to connect to iTunes. I went back to step 7 and tried again 3 times. It is not working for me.

Those damn baby ninjas!!!!

16. Hovi

Hovi Aaron is forever my ***** Retired

Ratings:
    wow i have honestly never heard anyone say to count in alligators...ever. Thats pretty funny.

17. Head Tax

Head Tax Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Can anyone link me on how to put apps on it once I'm done:rolleyes:

Also, does this mean I can't connect my iPod to my computer whilst doing this, or can I just not turn it off?

18. FaLCo

FaLCo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    When i turned my iPod off i had to put it back into DFU mode and start from step 7 again. But i can connect it to comp without having to re jailbreak.

19. Head Tax

Head Tax Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Have you synced it with iTunes? Anyone willing to help me with this via AIM?

20. halolordkiller3

halolordkiller3 Member

Ratings:
    im making anotherer video on how to put cracked apps on there. yes it will be a screen record app.