Solved red ring of death

• Thread starter itsagamenotawar
  • Start date
  • Views 743
I

itsagamenotawar

Reaction score
Sin$
I recently got a new xbox elite in nov 2009, so its not that old, i had a power cut the other night , and then it went on to this 3 red rings and it worked after that, im assuming it has got something to do with the heatsink overheating, but red ring doesnt no occur when you have a power cut, it occurs when the soldering on the motherboard starts to melt with the heatsink, any1 know if this going to keep happening with the red ring , i,e just randomly ?

i much really appreciate it :smile:

john

J

josh marram

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
prolly a short i used to stick a wire into the sata calbe and touch it to awwire in a dvd cable then run that wire and if it touched any metal part of the frame it would spark and go to red ring untill i restarted

GENeTiCz xx

GENeTiCz xx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I recently got a new xbox elite in nov 2009, so its not that old, i had a power cut the other night , and then it went on to this 3 red rings and it worked after that, im assuming it has got something to do with the heatsink overheating, but red ring doesnt no occur when you have a power cut, it occurs when the soldering on the motherboard starts to melt with the heatsink, any1 know if this going to keep happening with the red ring , i,e just randomly ?

i much really appreciate it :smile:

john

No. When youre power turns off while you're xbox is on it'll go straight to Red Ring. It's nothing bad, but it happened to me the other day when we had a bad and the power cut out then back on. I had Red Ring. I just turned it off, and turned it back on. Also, the Red Ring you get it blinks or at least mine did when the power cut out.

ManUnited

ManUnited

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
no thts a CAUSE for it
3 rings mean hardware failure and if ur power cuts off it thinks there was a hardware failure

Top Bottom
Login
Register