• Thread starter albert5678
  • Start date
  • Views 506
albert5678

albert5678

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So today my Xbox got RROD :frown: The error code I got was 0001 anyone got an idea how to fix this?

albert5678

albert5678

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Not random RROD this console would have problems once in a while booting up without getting RROD, know I cant get it to boot at all without it. No Its not modded. I personally have not tried to repair it before, but the seal is cracked so someone might have of tried. But I've owned this console for about 1 year.

E

Essex

Ask me about Xbox!
Reaction score
Sin$
This error can be triggered by a faulty power supply or a short in the console. The short is located near one of the main supply lines, so mostly not under the chips, it might also be a blown capacitor fuse or just a bridged contact. Also damaged DVD power cable.

Have you checked the color on your Power Supply? If it isn't green, I suggest trying either a different plug, or another power supply. Have you recently opened your Xbox?

Kingkat714

Kingkat714

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
0001 is a MOSFET. Best just scrapping the board
This.

Although it can be a blown cap (there are like, 2 that this is possible with and they are both right next to the board's power connector) or as someone mentioned earlier the PSU, it is almost always a mofset. It is very hard and long to check which are blown and which are not, so the best thing to do is sell the board on Ebay.

albert5678

albert5678

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Problem with your power supply. Try it in a different socket or another power supply.
I've tried a different power supply. 
Have you checked the color on your Power Supply? If it isn't green, I suggest trying either a different plug, or another power supply. Have you recently opened your Xbox?
I tried a different plug and its the same. The Xbox was already opened when I purchased it a year ago.

Top Bottom
Login
Register