What's new

Discussion Red Dead Redemption 2: Official Complaint + Ban/Reset Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Skepta
  • Start date
  • Views 19,386
Skepta

Skepta

Go on then, Go on then
VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2017 Platinum Record Scaling the Mountain
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
This thread is for all complaints relating to any Red Dead Redemption 2. All complaints must go in this thread, or will be dealt with accordingly. Try to keep it civil.

This thread should be used for:
  • Complaints about the game in general
  • Discussing about your ban(s) that you have previously had.
  • Asking whether your actions will result in a ban.
Stay on the topic.

Thank you,
Se7enSins Staff

Hijinks

Hijinks

RGH Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I pre-ordered the game a few months ago and have been waiting patiently for it to come. When it finally arrives (I bought it on disc) it takes 2 hours to install, fuming, then it eventually installs but when I go to play the game I get stuck at an infinite boot screen and cant go any further.
this
is

Skepta

Skepta

Go on then, Go on then
VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I pre-ordered the game a few months ago and have been waiting patiently for it to come. When it finally arrives (I bought it on disc) it takes 2 hours to install, fuming, then it eventually installs but when I go to play the game I get stuck at an infinite boot screen and cant go any further.
this
is
What console are you on? This is why digital downloads are the way forward. All the hassle can be sorted weeks before. :thumbsup:

Hijinks

Hijinks

RGH Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
What console are you on? This is why digital downloads are the way forward. All the hassle can be sorted weeks before. :thumbsup:
Xbox One X. This is literally the first game I've bought on disc after 5 years of digital and I'm trying to figure out what went wrong in my head tbh

Skepta

Skepta

Go on then, Go on then
VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Xbox One X. This is literally the first game I've bought on disc after 5 years of digital and I'm trying to figure out what went wrong in my head tbh
I know C00Kii3M0NSTA installed it on disc and I'm not aware of him having issues.

The only things I could think of is ensuring you have enough space for the patch. If you have then you might have to uninstall and reinstall. :frown:

blade_venom

blade_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This game is horrible on ps vita. They have the trigger buttons mixed up with L3 and R3, which are on the screen, which makes it impossible to walk, lock on and shoot at the same time. No real custom button assignments to fix this. Always able to play gta 5.

BreakdowN v2

BreakdowN v2

VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2012 End of the Year 2016 End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
I understand running into trees and being thrown off your horse, but knee high rocks? The god damn horse should be able to jump over that!

Gandalf61

Gandalf61

You Shall Not Pass!
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I hate that the game autosaves only after completing a mission. There are very few auto save points so I end up manually saving the game quite a bit. I did discover that you can force a save by sleeping.

Navy Davey

Navy Davey

☠️Wicked Good☠️
Retired
Mr. Nice Guy Legendary Veteran Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I think it’s ridiculous that the Ultimate Edition for Xbox and PlayStation both cost $100 but The PlayStation version has extra content. I bought a copy for both and the differences are subtle but for that price the perks should have been equal across the boards:frown:
Missing outfits and an entire treasure hunt... Not logical... does not compute:mad:

Gandalf61

Gandalf61

You Shall Not Pass!
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
they should have built an alert system into the game to warn you that advancing further would make missions, side missions undoable. When I was doing chapter 3, I did the "short walk in a pretty town" where Sean gets killed. Unfortunately, I had not done the camp missions with Sean (Coach robbery etc) and had to load an older save and start over. I am aware that the camp missions are not required for 100% but if your plan is to do everything, you are screwed when this happens.

Last edited:
kp_

kp_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
someone please explain to me how best to shoot people because i HAVE to be missing something

im shooting my gun and my bullets just miss and the people im fighting take 1 shot and im dead(head shot)...and no its not because he waited longer to take the shot and he was more accurate because its always as soon as they aim, also not dead-eye either you can see when people use dead-eye.
it also cant be luck because its happens so often now im basically outing myself as a **** player on this thread just to see whats going on.

EDIT: this doesn't really make sense but in gamemodes my aim is fine most of the time, this seams to be mostly freeroam?

ive tried loads of different guns the first repeater i though was bad damage so i switched to bolt action rifle, i found the bolt decent but it was pretty slow fire rate so i switched again to the Litchfield repeater. now the Litchfield on single-player was godly, good damage with good fire-rate and accuracy but online it just misses, the circle that draws in when you aim is so slow by the time i take a shot im dead, but if i take a shot before that circle close to the cross-hair my bullet misses. same with the pistols and revolvers, whats the point in making high fire rate guns if they just miss when you fire at the gun fast...i just dont get it. all my guns are also upgraded to the maximum and im using express ammo.

i see people crouching sometimes when im fighting maybe thats a thing now?

i really miss the combat from rdr1, back when there was hardly any draw time and it was the 'fastest man flicks to your head' wins the fight and not RNG your bullets go wherever they want and if you're lucky you get a head shot

any tips/settings or experiences you'd had that could help my understand what/if im doing something wrong drop a comment because im just lost at this point.

Viitri

Viitri

Dank Memes
10th Anniversary Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Here is a secret tip. Use the Varmint Rifle. It has the highest accuracy in the game which allows for the crisp headshots. You can easily run and gun with it because of the accuracy. Ez game.

Mr Patel

Mr Patel

Reaction score
Sin$
someone please explain to me how best to shoot people because i HAVE to be missing something

im shooting my gun and my bullets just miss and the people im fighting take 1 shot and im dead(head shot)...and no its not because he waited longer to take the shot and he was more accurate because its always as soon as they aim, also not dead-eye either you can see when people use dead-eye.
it also cant be luck because its happens so often now im basically outing myself as a **** player on this thread just to see whats going on.

EDIT: this doesn't really make sense but in gamemodes my aim is fine most of the time, this seams to be mostly freeroam?

ive tried loads of different guns the first repeater i though was bad damage so i switched to bolt action rifle, i found the bolt decent but it was pretty slow fire rate so i switched again to the Litchfield repeater. now the Litchfield on single-player was godly, good damage with good fire-rate and accuracy but online it just misses, the circle that draws in when you aim is so slow by the time i take a shot im dead, but if i take a shot before that circle close to the cross-hair my bullet misses. same with the pistols and revolvers, whats the point in making high fire rate guns if they just miss when you fire at the gun fast...i just dont get it. all my guns are also upgraded to the maximum and im using express ammo.

i see people crouching sometimes when im fighting maybe thats a thing now?

i really miss the combat from rdr1, back when there was hardly any draw time and it was the 'fastest man flicks to your head' wins the fight and not RNG your bullets go wherever they want and if you're lucky you get a head shot

any tips/settings or experiences you'd had that could help my understand what/if im doing something wrong drop a comment because im just lost at this point.

Same here the ammount of shots i get on people an they're like sponges but kill me with 1 hit :/

RedDeadDollie

RedDeadDollie

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Same here the ammount of shots i get on people an they're like sponges but kill me with 1 hit :/
Go fishing as for each fish you catch you'll get +10 Health boost repeat till health is at max limit.

Now it's gonna be a better fight for you in combat.

Qui Gon

Qui Gon

Strongest creature on Earth
Chatty Kathy Seasoned Veteran Gifter
Reaction score
Sin$
To be honest I played the whole game, what I got from it was the same feel every single mission. Capture this or kill this guy and escape from the bad guys. It got really repetitive, the best missions are probably the side missions. They are unique and not based around AUTHOR WE NEED MORE MONEY.

ALSO not saying it's a bad game I loved it just wish they would've changed the missions up

I feel like there should be more missions like the one when you fly the hot air ballon that was awesome but the missions where all the same.

TheBoss2321

TheBoss2321

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
To be honest I played the whole game, what I got from it was the same feel every single mission. Capture this or kill this guy and escape from the bad guys. It got really repetitive, the best missions are probably the side missions. They are unique and not based around AUTHOR WE NEED MORE MONEY.

ALSO not saying it's a bad game I loved it just wish they would've changed the missions up

I feel like there should be more missions like the one when you fly the hot air ballon that was awesome but the missions where all the same.
Everyone has they own say about the game. The story missions are good and i understand having to kill this and that gets kinda annoying after time but hopefully we see some new story missions which am pretty 100% sure that's what rockstar is working on. The side missions are really great and fun even fun when people try and steal you're wagon or mail what put's it down for me is the side missions will start to repeat over and over the same mission but delivering to another location. I want to see some kind of work missions like in story mode near at the end you see what i mean ones you finished it.

The airballon was something i didn't expect and i agree it was fun and i hope we will see a return of that in online :biggrin:

S

SedateVenus62

Reaction score
Sin$
I must say that my #1 complaint of Red Dead Online is the lack of Solo lobby or invite only. I feel that this is hurting the rockstar brand. If someone wants to explore or grind hunting and fishing rockstar should allow this. When I was tired of the trollers on gta online I enjoyed the relaxation of playing my online character in a solo lobby or invite lobby. Also some parents want their children playing in an invite only session for obvious reasons.

Blue_jayy

Blue_jayy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I must say that my #1 complaint of Red Dead Online is the lack of Solo lobby or invite only. I feel that this is hurting the rockstar brand. If someone wants to explore or grind hunting and fishing rockstar should allow this. When I was tired of the trollers on gta online I enjoyed the relaxation of playing my online character in a solo lobby or invite lobby. Also some parents want their children playing in an invite only session for obvious reasons.

Games rated m, any abuse their kids get is no ones fault but their own for getting them the game.

I just think they should remove radar blips, or atleast not have them show until your within a distance or they are actually doing missions.

Risking Perfect

Risking Perfect

I'm not dead, Just deployed
Super Moderators
Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy Scaling the Mountain
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Even with my friends, I have an extremely hard time playing Red Dead Online, I know it's a beta but there is almost nothing to do other than start wars with the people who kill me.

Top Bottom
Login
Register