Red Dead 2 Online SOLO LOBBY Glitch (New Method)

Discussion in 'Red Dead Redemption 2 Glitches' started by eddie mac, Mar 31, 2019 with 174 replies and 28,460 views.

1. tcccc

tcccc Newbie

Ratings:
    Thanks for that info. My timing may have been too slow so I will give it a shot a little later. Thanks again for writing the reply.

2. Asu Pala

Asu Pala Newbie

Ratings:
    You are welcome.

3. LastGenKilla

LastGenKilla Enthusiast

Ratings:
    How do you get into a gun rush? Do you have to stay glitched out yourself?

4. Mr420Green420

Mr420Green420 Newbie

Ratings:
    Confirmed still working as of 7 a.m. May 14th. They didn't patch this one yet thank god.

5. Spalchk9

Spalchk9 Getting There

Ratings:
    Good that it’s still working with the new update and things to do, should be nice to explore

6. daveycdublin

daveycdublin Newbie

Ratings:
    I haven't been able to hit this glitch since the update to 1.09 earlier today.
    Rejoining on the player in gun rush happens almost instantly now every time and doesn't give enough time to switch back to the friend/community player screen to join on them. Anyone else having this issue?

7. TG3R_IMM

TG3R_IMM Newbie

Ratings:
    You are not joining a gun rush because the option has been eliminated from the join fast menú in 1.09 and yes it seems that now there’s very little lag between joining the friend and getting the grey picture, I’ve been able to hit it before it goes but given is not a gun rush it doesn’t seem to work...I will be testing some more...there’s a lot to investigate now but it seems as if they’ve Patch most of what was out there

8. marydare

marydare Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I'm not able to hit it, it joins the gamemode person too quickly for me to rejoin the current lobby with the quicklink now. The gamemode join is pretty much instantaneous. Any advice? You can still join gunrush from the online pause menu, trying it that way now.

9. Shadowless

Shadowless Newbie

Ratings:
    I tried everyway possible. looks like it's been patched. I was hitting it everytime before the update.

10. marydare

marydare Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Update: even when I do hit the quick link fast enough and get the "you are already a member of this online session" error, clicking through it dumps me back into the quickjoin lobby rather than the gamemode lobby now. Managed to hit it 3x to the same result. RIP glitch. Only Eddie Mac can save us now. :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Shadowless

Shadowless Newbie

Ratings:
    I'm sure he'll find another way...if he hasn't already :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Spalchk9

Spalchk9 Getting There

Ratings:
    only solo part is Patched via quick join. And of course my man Eddie has another way. Friend way still works as he said in OP

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 16, 2019
  13. OP
    eddie mac

eddie mac Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Revamped the steps as you no longer can do this through the quick join option but the method is still working just need a friend to join Gun Rush through main menu. There are video's already on Youtube but if people want me to update my video as well I can, just don't really see the point in that :tongue:

• Like Like x 4
  14. jayteeofgta69

jayteeofgta69 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    what method are you using to join the friend in gun rush?

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  15. HashAsh

HashAsh Newbie

Ratings:
    That's awesome, thanx heaps eddie mac. Appreciate the update.

Will this updated method only work with Gun Rush?

Question about this step ::: "Once in the freeroam lobby with them you then want to join the friend that is in Gun Rush and double tap the PS button / or navigate to the join session to the friend or community player's lobby that you are already in."

In this step, do I have to join the player in Gun Rush via the PS4 Community Page or PS4 friends list only ? Or can I also join the Gun Rush player via the Player Menu's Recent Players list & Join Session from there??

Cheerz,
    HashAsh.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Aydind

Aydind Super Moderator Super Moderators

Ratings:
    Off-topic and flaming posts will be removed and will be infracted from this point on.

• Like Like x 4
  17. OP
    eddie mac

eddie mac Enthusiast

Ratings:
    It is best to have the "Join session"s to your friends right next to each other, You can do this by either making a chat with two other friends and having one in gun rush and one in the free roam lobby. Or if you are in the same community as your 1 friend in gun rush then you can just find his name in the community and join the person right below your friend (if they are in free roam then use this random person below your friend to do the glitch).

Hope that helps better clear that step up :smile:

I use a community and find my friends name in the community, then use a player right below him for free roam. I explain that better to the guy above ^

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. KrOnIcTrIpY_420

KrOnIcTrIpY_420 Newbie

Ratings:
  19. marydare

marydare Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Using Eddie’s shared community member method, the steps look like this:

Requirements: friend in a shared PSN community in a gun rush session

Step 1: Friend joins gun rush while you stay in free roam.

Step 2: PS Button > Go to shared community > Now Playing > select player above or below your gun rush friend > double click PS button to make a quicklink to/from game

Step 3: Hit quicklink, join that community session player, load into their free roam session.

Step 4: Quicklink back to community, join gun rush friend

Step 5: NEW TIMING: quicklink again, pause briefly (depends on your internet connection speed?), rejoin free roam community member you are in session with.

You should get the error “You are already in this online session.”

Step 6: check player list. If you are still in the community member session, repeat steps 4-5 with a longer pause between them. (Or, if you don’t get the error and instead get the “do you want to spectate” screen, repeat steps 3-5, with a smaller pause before 5.) But if your friend is in the player list, you’ve successfully glitched into the gun rush game mode! All free roam lobby services will be back once it’s over and players leave.

NOTE: So the only difference I’ve found with the title 1.09 workaround is the timing: you need to hit the community member rejoin after the grey “joining” screen starts loading for gun rush friend, but obviously before the game mode join is fully processed. So the main change from the previous method is that you are no longer rejoining the same-session community player as fast as you can. Too fast and you will stay in their session and not switch to gamemode session. But I can confirm it still works great - just play around with timing a little if you’re having trouble.

Big thanks once again to the OP Eddie Mac, who came up with a solo lobby mechanic so smart that they couldn’t even patch it with a title update! Amazing lol.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 17, 2019
  20. OP
    eddie mac

eddie mac Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Very well put and yes that is about all that changed. My internet is already very slow which is most likely why i didn't need to change the time but you are correct with the timing :smile: If people just wait to see that loading wheel it should work just the same as before.

• Like Like x 1