recruiting people to help with using the install feature for what it should have been

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by sfger, Nov 25, 2008 with 6 replies and 287 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sfger

sfger Enthusiast

Ratings:
    ok, i need people to help me test some things involving the nXe install disk to HDD feature, and also to help me find a way to eaither install the entire thing to the hard drive, and get it to boot without the disk, or (if tests clarify this) if the whole disk is already on the hardrvie, get it to stop checking for the drisk, or trick it into thinking that the correct disk is in the drive. if interested please post back asap, as im inpataint :tongue:

2. nickcas

nickcas Member

Ratings:
    Re: recruiting people to help with using the install feature for what it should have

I hear it's been done, so it's definitely possible. And, so you don't have to test, the whole disk is on the drive. The xbox just checks to see if the security sector (I think?) on the disk matches the game on the hdd.

3. Head Tax

Head Tax Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Re: recruiting people to help with using the install feature for what it should have

I'll test stuff for you but I won't have my transfer cable back for at least a month (if it's needed) PM me what you won't me to do.:biggrin:

4. XanderChaos

XanderChaos Member

Ratings:

I'm trying to do this too, but don't want it to lead to mass piracy.

5. OP
    sfger

sfger Enthusiast

Ratings:

well first any one who has an xbox and a gametag they dont mind getting banned for a good couse, can help test if its safer to do the following instead of normal hotswapping with flashed firmware: downloading a game to your hardrive (perferbly from online, but its okay if you use a disk you have) then (with that on your HDD) use your burned (fake) copy of the game( the one you just put on your HDD)** and see if it launches the game form the HDD, and if mircrosoft can detect it, **NOTE: i dont know if they can detect eaier with the nXe if you have flashed firmware or not, so thats why you may get banned

6. nickcas

nickcas Member

Ratings:

There shouldn't be a difference, because the security sector for the retail disc and the burned copy should be the same.

7. OP
    sfger

sfger Enthusiast

Ratings:

hmm.. good point, if some one has the means to do so, try using a diferent file on the HDD then on the disk, such as installing a disk onto the HDD, then using a copy of the disk burnned from online or from a diferent copy, and as for the second part it should still help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.