What's new

Solved Recovering a corrupted save from 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cjaycc

Reaction score
Hi all, as title says, I recently got back into playing the game and I am trying to recover some of my old saves that I kept from around the start of 2013.

Problem is, I have copied my two .sav files for my Zero and Gunzerker, but it's showing up as corrupted in the game. I have tried using Gibbed's Save Editor but its giving an Invalid SHA1 hash error. Is it an issue with how long it has been, and am I out of luck?

Here is the link to my save files if it helps: www(dot)dropbox(dot)com/s/0mh02uik9uxnfx5/BL2%20Save.7z?dl=0

Scans from virustotal.com:
Link: https://www.virustotal.com/#/url/d7...f7b9e5689c03bc6afdedf66844acecef1b9/detection
Zip File: https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/0...2e8de844947fb3fea2b06edb96408781fcf/detection

Last edited:
D

DOMIN8

Retired Green and Yellow
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Hi all, as title says, I recently got back into playing the game and I am trying to recover some of my old saves that I kept from around the start of 2013.

Problem is, I have copied my two .sav files for my Zero and Gunzerker, but it's showing up as corrupted in the game. I have tried using Gibbed's Save Editor but its giving an Invalid SHA1 hash error. Is it an issue with how long it has been, and am I out of luck?

Here is the link to my save files if it helps: www(dot)dropbox(dot)com/s/0mh02uik9uxnfx5/BL2%20Save.7z?dl=0
Your prefix says PC but, SHA1 errors are related to PS3 saves. What kind of save are you trying to use?

D

DOMIN8

Retired Green and Yellow
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
It's a PC save.
A PC save should not give you SHA1 errors unless you are trying to open it as a PS3 save instead of PC.

P

ProtoBuffers

Taking a break for unknown amount of time...
Premium
Reaction score
The link is dead and there is no virus scan to go with the save.
Please fix them and I will look at them for you :smile:

C

cjaycc

Reaction score
The link is dead and there is no virus scan to go with the save.
Please fix them and I will look at them for you :smile:
Sorry about that, I deleted the file and I have now restored it so it should work now. Thanks very much! I'm not sure how to show a virus scan with it though..

P

ProtoBuffers

Premium
Reaction score
P

ProtoBuffers

Premium
Reaction score
Opened them with HxD. It doesn't even appear to be a Borderlands save nothing looks the save even made a new save to look at it and there was still a huge difference.

C

cjaycc

Reaction score
Alright, I couldn't figure out where to put my link on scanurl.net, but I ended up using virustotal.com to scan the file and the link, and I have updated my post accordingly. Thanks so much! 
Opened them with HxD. It doesn't even appear to be a Borderlands save nothing looks the save even made a new save to look at it and there was still a huge difference.
Oh I see, that's unfortunate. I did recover the files from an old hard drive using free recovery software, would it be possible that its unrecoverable that way? Would I be out of luck then in terms of rescuing the files?

P

ProtoBuffers

Premium
Reaction score
Alright, I couldn't figure out where to put my link on scanurl.net, but I ended up using virustotal.com to scan the file and the link, and I have updated my post accordingly. Thanks so much! 

Oh I see, that's unfortunate. I did recover the files from an old hard drive using free recovery software, would it be possible that its unrecoverable that way? Would I be out of luck then in terms of rescuing the files?
I would suggest just getting gibbed save editor and using it to get your old stuff back. Like I said it doesn't even look like any Borderlands 1/2/TPS save I have ever seen.

C

cjaycc

Reaction score
I would suggest just getting gibbed save editor and using it to get your old stuff back. Like I said it doesn't even look like any Borderlands 1/2/TPS save I have ever seen.
That's a sound idea, a huge thanks to you for going to extra mile though! Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom