Record Xbox 360 on Monitor?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by BL4CKXHAWK, Dec 28, 2008 with 6 replies and 336 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BL4CKXHAWK

BL4CKXHAWK Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Ok I bought the Xbox 360 VGA HD/AV Cable yesterday and have it all hooked up correctly and its working great but my question is can i record gameplay through my monitor. If so please tell me how. BTW My monitor is a Dell E1909W 19" Flat panel LCD Monitor. :thumbup:

2. .Perfection

.Perfection Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i don't think you can.
    if your looking to record movies, you'll need to buy a video capture card, and they usually only accept composite and s-video connections. not VGA.
    but you could always buy the cap card and use your original cable to record, you wouldn't be able to see it on the monitor though :frown:

3. OP
    BL4CKXHAWK

BL4CKXHAWK Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Well i have an ATI Tv wonder Pro but i cant figure out how to record using that if at all. any more ideas anyone? thanks for the help.

4. .Perfection

.Perfection Enthusiast

Ratings:
    looks like you've already got a capture card.
    unfortunately, this capture card (like most others) only accepts composite or s-video connections.
    you will need to use your original xbox cable if you would like to record.
    most people use software like
    Adobe elements (Paid)
    Sony Vegas (Paid)
    and
    Windows movie maker (Free)

however there are many other video editing programs that you may choose to use.

once you have a program that you are comfortable with you should be able to choose an option like 'capture from video input device'
    that is your capture card. use the wizard to get your clips.
    simple.

5. OP
    BL4CKXHAWK

BL4CKXHAWK Enthusiast

Ratings:
    well i already know all about capturing gameplay but i was just asking about recording it from my monitor. thanks anyway.

6. Scar

Scar Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Its impossible to record from your monitor as with the VGA cable its not playing it through your PC its just displaying it on your monitor like a TV.

7. OP
    BL4CKXHAWK

BL4CKXHAWK Enthusiast

Ratings:
    alrighty thanks for the quick input guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.