What's new

Discussion recon armor READ!!!

Ericam

Ericam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i didnt do this some guy on gametuts but he posted this i thought it might be helpful im not sure :frown:

Haha... I have been researching this for quite some time on another modding site...

I have had 6 Recon Profiles donated to me which I was able to verify, then the owners changed login details so that what I was left with after verifying it to be a real Recon profile was an unusable profile with all the values in it...

Not only is hexing about just hexing in the 03 03 03 03 armour selection, but in the same area where I found out how to give any profile Hayabusa & E.o.D armour that code is changed to 0A 0A 0A 0A 08 08 08 08 08 08 08 (I gave a tut in VIP section)

AND Finally...

All Recon Profiles have the Recon Flag

4D 53 07 E6 00 09 00 00 followed by gamertag name with some random data just above it which you don't find in profiles without Recon.

But having managed to replicate and rebuild a whole Recon Armour account and make it work as an Xbox Live Silver account - Recon became unlocked and then locked in a quick flash, so since discovering what I have...

Recon data can only be in the encrypted account area which is about 404 bytes on the gamerprofile and only works with a valid live login. If you extracted the Account Area of a Live Valid Recon Account and injected it into any other account, silver or gold... you would not need to hex anything or change anything - it's immediately unlocked.

This was tried and tested by me with a donated Recon profile which I couldn't keep...

anyway I'm about to inform the other modding site how it's done too and that hexing is useless...

J

jeffrey1790

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you sir, are a genius. :biggrin: dammit! now i need a recon account. = |

C

Coda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woot Sauce! Too bad its released with Halo 3 ODST lolz. :thumbdown:

Mudkip

Mudkip

The Mudkip
Reaction score
So its still not possbile, but when the new "Recon Switch" is added to our B.net service record you can add ODST and then hack ur GS and then hit the switch.

Haxalot88

Haxalot88

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
That Account block contains the specific account data, no game can store data in it. What switching that does is you then sign in with the profile that the block was taken from, not your own account.

U

unknown v2

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
If he's signing into XBL, then the checks are probably what rejected him.

L

Liberated360

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I only partially understand.

Are you saying that if you extract the Account block from a Recon profile and inject it into a non-recon profile, the non-recon profile will now get recon? No hexing necessary?