• Start date
  • Views 1,001
X

x C33J4Y x

Enthusiast
Reaction score
first of all

im not sure if this is right section, if not then please move it

but i read that if you recieve a ban from bungie that you will not be eligible for recon

its not a huge deal to me but i was wondering, does a host ban count towards not getting recon ?

because a host ban doesn't necessarily mean you have been standbying, it just means your connection is crappy an they dont want you as host ?

also, what i have found is that its not my GT they host banned, it is my xbox

X

XxKFxChAoSxX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont think host ban has anything to do with recon in my opinion.

Mudkip

Mudkip

The Mudkip
Reaction score
No a Bungie Mod posted in a topic once regarding a Host ban and they said its not really a ban, more of a preventative way of keeping people with bad connection from getting host. So i think your safe

X

x C33J4Y x

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im not too bothered about it, recon is overrated, i dont think many ppl will use it when its accessible to everyone, cos its not that nice of an armour (EOD FTW) lol

but my brother has been dying for recon for ages an i kinda got our xbox host banned by standbying lol

so if he can't get it he'll probably try to murder me in my sleep

L

Liberated360

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're probably fine. I'm host banned, too. But who needs Recon when you can play as Elites? :biggrin: . . or EOD!! :thumbup:

X

x C33J4Y x

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im all for the EOD :tongue:

my bro is a nutter, so its my toes and fingers im looking out for, he'd probably cut them off lol

MINICHIMP 3

MINICHIMP 3

Getting There
Reaction score
Naw, you can get recon if your host banned. It's been said on B.net before that the only way to not get recon is to be put on a list and the only way to be put on a list is to ask them for recon or to be banned/suspended from matchmaking. And that was back before ODST when the only way to get it was to win a contest, so now its an unlockable armor so unless you like really piss off a bungie employee, you are fine. Also, i love recon (just the helmet) even if it was the default helmet and everyone had it from the start i would still wear it. lol

T

Twis7eD

Banned
Reaction score
47FTW said:
No a Bungie Mod posted in a topic once regarding a Host ban and they said its not really a ban, more of a preventative way of keeping people with bad connection from getting host. So i think your safe
This.

O

Oleh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i guess once everyone starts getting recon, the novelty will wear off and them who had it to start with will just be like everyone else again

SnowPlowMan

SnowPlowMan

Getting There
Reaction score
what if u were exp suspended for 2 weeks? (like 3 months ago)

T

Twis7eD

Banned
Reaction score
SnowMan88 said:
what if u were exp suspended for 2 weeks? (like 3 months ago)
Still counts. No Recon for you. Although I don't even believe that this 'no receiving Recon if banned or suspended' thing. I think Bungie is lying.

MINICHIMP 3

MINICHIMP 3

Getting There
Reaction score
Twis7eD said:
Still counts. No Recon for you. Although I don't even believe that this 'no receiving Recon if banned or suspended' thing. I think Bungie is lying.

The 'no recon if you are banned' thing was waaay back when it was only given out. No its an achievement unlock so it doesn't matter.

T

Twis7eD

Banned
Reaction score
IMC_MINICHIMP said:
The 'no recon if you are banned' thing was waaay back when it was only given out. No its an achievement unlock so it doesn't matter.
That's what I was thinking, but wasn't sure. So, everybody is going to be getting Recon no matter what now. They just need to get the achievements.

MINICHIMP 3

MINICHIMP 3

Getting There
Reaction score
Twis7eD said:
That's what I was thinking, but wasn't sure. So, everybody is going to be getting Recon no matter what now. They just need to get the achievements.

Well I'm sure there's something that you can do to get denied recon. Bungie also said not too long ago that "if we don't want you to have recon, you wont get it. Trust us." or something similar to that. lol

X

x C33J4Y x

Enthusiast
Reaction score
but bungie have said that you can only get recon if you have your account linked to bungie.net due to the fact that they let you click the link that unlocks it for your profile.

so i thnk that there will still be people that dont get it, or they wouldn't make sure that you was linked to the site

OR if you are correct and every1 can get it then the only people that can not are the GS reset people (if halo3 was reset haha) like on my UnavoidableODST GT

SnowPlowMan

SnowPlowMan

Getting There
Reaction score
oh man i want it (i kinda do i think it looks cool dosent matter to me)

i hope i can still get it. :thumbup:

Mast3rrModder

Mast3rrModder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bungie said that if you were in trouble for file share modding or boosting that you can still get recon because you already received your punishment.

If your completely banned from matchmaking forever, then I'm gonna say no, you can't get recon.

Like I said, if you were file share banned or EXP banned from boosting for however long they do it, then you can still earn recon armor.

SnowPlowMan

SnowPlowMan

Getting There
Reaction score
sweet :thumbup::thumbup:

T

Twis7eD

Banned
Reaction score
x C33J4Y x said:
but bungie have said that you can only get recon if you have your account linked to bungie.net due to the fact that they let you click the link that unlocks it for your profile.
Yeah, I'd like to see where Bungie said that...That sounds like total BS. I don't believe it and I'm almost 100% positive that it's not true.

X

x C33J4Y x

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Road to Recon

roadtorecon.jpg

It’s been a long time coming and this is where the answer to “Can I Haz?” becomes “yes you can.” But we’re not just giving Recon away. You’re going to have to earn it.

Once you’ve completed each and every Vidmaster found in Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST, you’ll be able to visit your profile page on Bungie.net and flip the switch yourself. We figured after all this time, it was only fitting that you did the honors. Take a few seconds to think about the journey before you make Recon happen for yourself. Good times, eh? Consider our cryptic Halo 3 riddle a relic of the past. Go ahead and pull the trigger yourself.

Bungie.net : Return of the New Hotness : 8/27/2009 4:51 PM PDT

:thumbup::tongue::thumbup:

Top Bottom