What's new

Solved reball/reflow question

fersy

fersy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hi ive been researching reballing for a while as ive an interest in trying it out i have pretty much a fair idea now of the entire process and a lot of old boards to practice on however i have what most would probably deem a fairly stupid question but its something that is not really covered in any of the vids ive watched or tutorials ive read (probably because people thing its too obvious to mention lol)

anyway what ive been wondering is, what is it they use to attach the probe/thermocouple to the board?
it looks like some sort of tape but obviously most tapes would be no use under such heat so im just wondering what to use.

also whilst im here i guess i should ask will any high temp thermometer do the job or should i be looking for a specific type?

i know some would maybe deem these as obvious answers but everythings obvious when you know the answer and whilst i think i know i want to check. thanks in advance

tim008

tim008

Retired Diet Mod
Retired
Reaction score
hi ive been researching reballing for a while as ive an interest in trying it out i have pretty much a fair idea now of the entire process and a lot of old boards to practice on however i have what most would probably deem a fairly stupid question but its something that is not really covered in any of the vids ive watched or tutorials ive read (probably because people thing its too obvious to mention lol)

anyway what ive been wondering is, what is it they use to attach the probe/thermocouple to the board?
it looks like some sort of tape but obviously most tapes would be no use under such heat so im just wondering what to use.

also whilst im here i guess i should ask will any high temp thermometer do the job or should i be looking for a specific type?

i know some would maybe deem these as obvious answers but everythings obvious when you know the answer and whilst i think i know i want to check. thanks in advance
I`d suggest speaking to either: Icy-Tank, pure3d2 or fcskater.

fersy

fersy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok cheers. went ahead and ordered kapton tape and a couple of multimeters with thermocouple leads before i seen this. think thats what i needed anyway :laugh:

Top Bottom