Status
Not open for further replies.
Matty J

Matty J

Miscreant
Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
So for the Xbox One, do you think we are going to see a Ranking system similar to Halo 2 or 3? I don't mind that we don't have them, but I miss something like that. Always made me want to get better at games, I would never take it to serious.

Halo 3 IMO had a perfect balance later on, if you wanted to strive for something you play ranked, if you were casual you played social, it was great. I miss that and let's say there is a Halo 2 remake what are the chances they do a system like this?

What do you guys think?

Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Fabled Veteran Greeter Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
So for the Xbox One, do you think we are going to see a Ranking system similar to Halo 2 or 3? I don't mind that we don't have them, but I miss something like that. Always made me want to get better at games, I would never take it to serious.

Halo 3 IMO had a perfect balance later on, if you wanted to strive for something you play ranked, if you were casual you played social, it was great. I miss that and let's say there is a Halo 2 remake what are the chances they do a system like this?

What do you guys think?

Probably not, nowadays games are about making the most money and catering to casual gamers. Skill based ranking systems don't fit that model.

Same reason why games were harder back in the day.

ner0

ner0

Seasoned Member
Experienced Veteran Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Never payed all that much attention to them personally. As for a Halo 2 remake I hate to say it but if the last Anniversary was any indication it'll probably be akin to Halo 4 multiplayer

GuCi Instinct

GuCi Instinct

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
if they make H2 the same multiplayer as it was in the day then ill be in love if they don't then ill be forever alone :frown:

Halo

Halo

AIDS for everyone
AzzidReign Jr Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$

What do you guys think?
I actually agree, I don't like how Halo: Reach and 4 were time played based like CoD.

Spyro

Spyro

4/18/10
VIP
Stickied Mythical Veteran End of the Year 2012
Reaction score
Sin$
halo reach was ok, but halo 4 was a big no no.
I loved all the Halo games.

I do agree we need something old and to give us the nostalgic feel. But I also think we need a game that's classic to next gen. Just hasn't happened yet.

Matty J

Matty J

Miscreant
Reaction score
Sin$
Probably not, nowadays games are about making the most money and catering to casual gamers. Skill based ranking systems don't fit that model.

Same reason why games were harder back in the day.
Yeah :/ I really just wish it wasn't all about that now, it's sad.

T3DDY_173

T3DDY_173

the official T3DDY
Hardened Veteran Frame In Gold Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
I loved all the Halo games.

I do agree we need something old and to give us the nostalgic feel. But I also think we need a game that's classic to next gen. Just hasn't happened yet.

squirrels with machine guns in 1425.

VexxVoid

VexxVoid

Semi Colon Close Parenthesis
Reaction score
Sin$
Halo 2 rank would fit perfect with the new release.
If they change it, it won't be the same game.

NoBeefBoss

NoBeefBoss

Sports Fanatic
Legendary Veteran Grammar Nazi Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
I agree with this because if they put those games on this I think it'd be good but I really miss MW2, I wish they'd make that for the Xbox One, it was like the greatest game of all time lol

Matty J

Matty J

Miscreant
Reaction score
Sin$
I agree with this because if they put those games on this I think it'd be good but I really miss MW2, I wish they'd make that for the Xbox One, it was like the greatest game of all time lol
Mw2 was in IMO I loved it but it was op with tubes and very unbalanced it was so easy to nuke with one man army and tubes, I honestly don't wanna see CoD anymore I want the old halo feeling back

NoBeefBoss

NoBeefBoss

Sports Fanatic
Legendary Veteran Grammar Nazi Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Mw2 was in IMO I loved it but it was op with tubes and very unbalanced it was so easy to nuke with one man army and tubes, I honestly don't wanna see CoD anymore I want the old halo feeling back
I know people abused OMA and stuff but I mean that game was still one of the best 360 games of all time.

xx killa owns x

xx killa owns x

FOREVER ALONE LOL
Reaction score
Sin$
Uhhhh that would be amazing love halo 2 and 3 ranking system

Red_Devil

Red_Devil

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$

What do you guys think?
Yeah I loved it. Don't see why it isn't like that in games today. People who play casually, play casual. People who want to challenge the best, play ranked!

I played ranked by myself and got 50 in Doubles and everything else was in the 40's. I played Social when I was with my noobie friends but it was really fun :tongue:

xx killa owns x

xx killa owns x

FOREVER ALONE LOL
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah I loved it. Don't see why it isn't like that in games today. People who play casually, play casual. People who want to challenge the best, play ranked!

I played ranked by myself and got 50 in Doubles and everything else was in the 40's. I played Social when I was with my noobie friends but it was really fun :tongue:
I remember when i did that

Matty J

Matty J

Miscreant
Reaction score
Sin$

that's what I mean, why can't we have both? I got to a 50 Team Dubs, 50 in Swat, 46 in TS and a 46 in team objective before they removed it:frown: lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register