What's new

Discussion REALLY hard to find games</3 help?

• Thread starter Colt FotiFive
  • Start date
  • Views 1,106
Colt FotiFive

OsamaGotRocked

The Harbinger of Boost
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't know if anyone has any insight to this, aside from stop playing bad games, but every time I search for a game in MW3 with anyone else in my squad/party/whatever, it takes forever to find a game. That and I also frequently go through host migration which only seems to kick me - because I can rejoin the games via my recent players list and the game would still be full and active. Also every once in a while I get kicked off of xbox live ONLY when playing mw3. I have no idea what the problem could be. Also, when I'm searching for games by myself I usually can find games, but more often than not I get host migrate kicked from it and then can no longer find any more games until I reset my xbox or go to the main menu.

I tried resetting my router, I tried setting my xbox to DMZ host, I forwarded the correct ports, then undid the changes I made after the problem persisted, I tried clearing my system cache and re-downloading the title update, but nothing seems to work.

My connection is 22mb/s down and 6.5mb/s up so it can't be that either, especially considering every other game works fine and generally has none of these problems

Colt FotiFive

OsamaGotRocked

The Harbinger of Boost
Reaction score
Sin$
yeah my NAT's open

photosys.jpg

This is what it looks like when I search with a party. I sit on this screen for sometimes up to half an hour+

photo1cj.jpg

This is just my open NAT

Colt FotiFive

OsamaGotRocked

The Harbinger of Boost
Reaction score
Sin$
I get that too, I just sign out and sign back in

Do you get host migration kicked from games too? I feel a little better knowing I'm not the only one in this craphole of a situation. It made those elite competitions very hard when every 5th game I couldn't find a game. I hope someone on here knows what's going on though cuz this constant signing in and out is getting very annoying

MONKEY7000

MONKEY7000

yosup
Jokester
Reaction score
Sin$
It sometimes just turns to a black screen, so I have to restart xbox

Colt FotiFive

OsamaGotRocked

The Harbinger of Boost
Reaction score
Sin$
It sometimes just turns to a black screen, so I have to restart xbox

yeah that or I get the "could not migrate host" error message after about 10 minutes on the host migration screen... which has happened more than a handful of times to me

K

klrby96

Reaction score
Sin$
If you determined that the problem wasn't your connection, why not try a different mw3 disc or contact activision. What do you have to lose right

run632

run187-

Seasoned Member
Forum Addict Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
If you determined that the problem wasn't your connection, why not try a different mw3 disc or contact activision. What do you have to lose right
Try a different disk ?seriously .contact activsion for them to tell him the exact same thing ..

I don't know if anyone has any insight to this, aside from stop playing bad games, but every time I search for a game in MW3 with anyone else in my squad/party/whatever, it takes forever to find a game. That and I also frequently go through host migration which only seems to kick me - because I can rejoin the games via my recent players list and the game would still be full and active. Also every once in a while I get kicked off of xbox live ONLY when playing mw3. I have no idea what the problem could be. Also, when I'm searching for games by myself I usually can find games, but more often than not I get host migrate kicked from it and then can no longer find any more games until I reset my xbox or go to the main menu.

I tried resetting my router, I tried setting my xbox to DMZ host, I forwarded the correct ports, then undid the changes I made after the problem persisted, I tried clearing my system cache and re-downloading the title update, but nothing seems to work.

My connection is 22mb/s down and 6.5mb/s up so it can't be that either, especially considering every other game works fine and generally has none of these problems
Your router could be fubar .it could also just be a problem with the game .like the bulls*** lag compensation .iv seen a vid with one guy running around with a acr 3 bullets it takes him.my 28 do not even wound them what a joke .the amount of joke deaths iv had this week is unreal ..

K

klrby96

Reaction score
Sin$
Try a different disk ?seriously .contact activsion for them to tell him the exact same thing ..

Your router could be fubar .it could also just be a problem with the game .like the bulls*** lag compensation .iv seen a vid with one guy running around with a acr 3 bullets it takes him.my 28 do not even wound them what a joke .the amount of joke deaths iv had this week is unreal ..

If it was his router it would be universal to his all his games not just mw3 seriously

run632

run187-

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
If it was his router it would be universal to his all his games not just mw3 seriously
Guy how many router do you think I own .you know that a blown cap in a router can drastic effect your internet especially with a old netgear .just beacuse it works with other games does not mean it works with them ALL ..

There also could be a problem with the slots for the cables which could restrict the allowed speed from 100
To 10 say .a conman problem .that would result in some games allowing traffic threw and not others .

It could also be a cat cable some cat 6 refuse to even work with router's.you can also plug one router in with
One chipset and get 8 meg and then change to a different brand and get 20 meg say .hell even the fw on some router.s can stop you finding games(or connecting to live) .I could find them and play fine in fifa 11 on faulty netgear dg834g .but it would not so much as find a game on cod 4 or mw2 .swapped out the caps it then worked fine ..

K

klrby96

Reaction score
Sin$
A blown cap would have a more apparent symptom. If you can get on live, browse internet, play other games, I would blame the isp before the router.

run632

run187-

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
A blown cap would have a more apparent symptom. If you can get on live, browse internet, play other games, I would blame the isp before the router.
Yeah i only own 16 routers what would I know eh.I would of presumed he would of checked internet speed ect via a speed text to check for that fault.a blown cap by the way can have zero symptoms I had a blown 1000μF cap that allowed me to play games perfectly .

Regardless of that on a subject I know a lot about im not willing to argue with you and it is not helping the op.

ops Best bet would be to check for faults with the isp via phone call or web site if that fails I would test another router .or reboot said router or try another cat lead ..

K

klrby96

Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah i only own 16 routers what would I know eh.I would of presumed he would of checked internet speed ect via a speed text to check for that fault.a blown cap by the way can have zero symptoms I had a blown 1000μF cap that allowed me to play games perfectly .

Regardless of that on a subject I know a lot about im not willing to argue with you and it is not helping the op.

ops Best bet would be to check for faults with the isp via phone call or web site if that fails I would test another router .or reboot said router or try another cat lead ..

If you own 16 routers you had to be doing something wrong. Lol

Colt FotiFive

OsamaGotRocked

The Harbinger of Boost
Reaction score
Sin$
yeah i spent a few hours talking with activision support just now and they couldn't figure out the immediate problem... I just got a new router too so that could be the problem. They took some info like my router make & model and my ISP as well as the service package I'm getting... they said they'll contact me when they determine the problem. So until then I think I'm just gonna have to deal with this crappy nonsensical anti internet I have with mw3 right now. Oh and it isn't the disk because I actually tried a different one yesterday with the same problems.

K

klrby96

Reaction score
Sin$
yeah i spent a few hours talking with activision support just now and they couldn't figure out the immediate problem... I just got a new router too so that could be the problem. They took some info like my router make & model and my ISP as well as the service package I'm getting... they said they'll contact me when they determine the problem. So until then I think I'm just gonna have to deal with this crappy nonsensical anti internet I have with mw3 right now. Oh and it isn't the disk because I actually tried a different one yesterday with the same problems.
Dam, well best of luck to ya

Top Bottom
Login
Register