What's new

Question Real Xecuter CoolRunner Rev. C?

MilkySharpMan

MilkySharpMan

Reaction score
Sin$
I see a listing online for a REAL CoolRunner Rev. C but I am still not certain if it is a real one or a clone. Maybe I'm thinking too much cuz even the clones are good.

I have only ever bought one Rev. C and i am sure it was a clone. it came in a brown box, unlabeled chip, cheap wires, no Xecuter sticker. Works fine, but funky boot times on my Jasper 16mb. sometimes insta, sometimes a few pulses. I'm 110% sure it's my wiring.

The one I am asking about, comes in a legit looking XECUTER COOL RUNNER Rev. C white box. Has serial number on it with serial.xecuter.com and a barcode. Also comes with the silver holographic type sticker with TX on it. It's less than 10 USD, and I can buy a couple of them.

Is it real? I'm still gonna buy it, but if it's real, I'll buy a couple of them since i need more than one.

Thanks guys!! If no one replies quick enough I'm still gonna buy them anyways because i want to get these couple of consoles modded up. And I really want those stickers!!!

Risking Perfect

Risking Perfect

I'm not dead, Just deployed
Super Moderators
Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy Scaling the Mountain
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Most of them are clones, TX stopped making chips years ago. Most clones work fine though because they are made by the same factories a lot of the time.

Also, the only way to know is test the serial when you get it.

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Trifecta Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I see a listing online for a REAL CoolRunner Rev. C but I am still not certain if it is a real one or a clone. Maybe I'm thinking too much cuz even the clones are good.

I have only ever bought one Rev. C and i am sure it was a clone. it came in a brown box, unlabeled chip, cheap wires, no Xecuter sticker. Works fine, but funky boot times on my Jasper 16mb. sometimes insta, sometimes a few pulses. I'm 110% sure it's my wiring.

The one I am asking about, comes in a legit looking XECUTER COOL RUNNER Rev. C white box. Has serial number on it with serial.xecuter.com and a barcode. Also comes with the silver holographic type sticker with TX on it. It's less than 10 USD, and I can buy a couple of them.

Is it real? I'm still gonna buy it, but if it's real, I'll buy a couple of them since i need more than one.

Thanks guys!! If no one replies quick enough I'm still gonna buy them anyways because i want to get these couple of consoles modded up. And I really want those stickers!!!
Just buy a Rev D or a Matrix, the clones work as good as the real ones - Especially with the 1.2 method.

MilkySharpMan

MilkySharpMan

Reaction score
Sin$
Most of them are clones, TX stopped making chips years ago. Most clones work fine though because they are made by the same factories a lot of the time.
Yes I know they were discontinued since 2012ish. The seller is just a small guy with these chips (which I ALREADY sprung on cuz it's still cheap for the two he had for sale), a JR v2, and a power brick. Oh and an iPhone 6s battery case. I bet he has junk lying around and posts. Hes only got a couple hundred sales.

I would buy clones (from my experience work well), but since these were only 8.99 USD and a clone is still like 7 USD.... Why not try to get a couple legits am I right!? :biggrin:

They'll go into my personal consoles i still have yet to chip. Who knows, maybe I'll keep those wrapped up and still buy some clones! Just a bit of nostalgia for me. Even though i wasnt big into console modding back when it was at peak.

XeDevn

XeDevn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I know what you are talking about and no, it’s a clone. You can tell by looking at the ic. If it doesn’t have a running man on the ic it’s a clone. Also if it doesn’t have “coolrunner” under the pin headers, it’s a clone. Here’s a genuine coolrunner I actually have so you can tell.

MilkySharpMan

MilkySharpMan

Reaction score
Sin$
I know what you are talking about and no, it’s a clone. You can tell by looking at the ic. If it doesn’t have a running man on the ic it’s a clone. Also if it doesn’t have “coolrunner” under the pin headers, it’s a clone. Here’s a genuine coolrunner I actually have so you can tell.

I forgot to use Imgur!! Here's my CoolRunner chip.

Everything is exactly the same except for the missing "coolrunner" under the pin header. And also the chip doesnt have the running man, but it does have Xilink or Xecuter or something printed on it that you can see if you zoom in close enough.

Doesn't really matter if it's real or not, because it'll work, and now ive got stickers lol, but i'd like to believe its legit. Maybe they manufactured them slightly different towards the end? I gotta get in contact with the seller i got them from.

XeDevn

XeDevn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I forgot to use Imgur!! Here's my CoolRunner chip.

Everything is exactly the same except for the missing "coolrunner" under the pin header. And also the chip doesnt have the running man, but it does have Xilink or Xecuter or something printed on it that you can see if you zoom in close enough.

Doesn't really matter if it's real or not, because it'll work, and now ive got stickers lol, but i'd like to believe its legit. Maybe they manufactured them slightly different towards the end? I gotta get in contact with the seller i got them from.

If you want to know 100%, all clones have a tiny ic on the back middle of the chip. If there’s adhesive tape, it’ll be under it.

MilkySharpMan

MilkySharpMan

Reaction score
Sin$
If you want to know 100%, all clones have a tiny ic on the back middle of the chip. If there’s adhesive tape, it’ll be under it.
I guess I'm gonna be hurting until I get the thing in the mail in a few days LoL. I really don't care if it IS a fake, cuz real ones are really hard to come by, but its still just freaking bugging me to know!

I messaged the seller asking him like where he got it and if him or one of his buddies was really into modding back then. Hopefully that clears it up.

And thank you for your help!

Also, the only way to know is test the serial when you get it.
The serial.xecuter.com site has been down for like years. I actually have the serials right now.

MilkySharpMan

MilkySharpMan

Reaction score
Sin$
So I got them in the mail yesterday. ONE of them is 137% Legit, Or at least that much identical in every way. It has all the correct PCB markings, the PCB itself is super clean and nice, also thicker. It also came with the white double shielded Coax wire to be used on the CPU_RST. Although one odd thing is the install wires, the slim wires are labeled SLIN wire instead of SLIM wire. I think that's just a manufacturing typo. It happens.

The fake however... Thin PCB, rugged edges on PCB, missing coolrunner under pin header, no running man on chip, Q.C. PASSED sticker on back instead of the serial and barcode like the Legit ones. It didn't come with the white coax.

Top Bottom
Login
Register