REAL PS3 players read...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by x SAINT x, Feb 2, 2009 with 11 replies and 558 views.

1. x SAINT x

x SAINT x Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Ok my birthday is in 12 days ( Valentines day w00t) =p anyway iv been wanting a PS3 for a while now. I have a 360 which i play ALOT and a wii which got boring very fast. all i would like to no is the pros and cons of the PS3...hows the online play, offline games.
    and also can someone explain to me the trophy system and if you get points like the 360??? my dad said i could get one if i wanted. is it worth it??

thanks

2. waffle11

waffle11 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Honestly I got mine for Blu Ray primarily. The online aspect is not that good; I mean it is playable but there no real interconnected feel like XBL has as weird as that sounds. To me offline play is offline play I mean really all consoles are the same to me in this department; it just depends on the games you get for that. Trophy system I have never actually used cause the games I currently own (MGS4 and Resistance Fall of Man, I just recently got my PS3) dont have them so I couldnt tell ya.

Despite its flaws I for some strange reason I cant explain I love the PS3 more than the 360. It might stem from my Ps3 being DAMN quiet and my 360 sounding like a vaccume cleaner, I really dont know. Personally I would say unless you are really interested in Blu Ray or have a list of games that you really want I would really think about not spending the money cause to me most games play better on the 360, for a handful of reasons I will not go into, but I like mine so it really boils down to how many of the redeeming qualities of the ps3 appeal to you personally.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ExCiLe

ExCiLe Contributor

Ratings:
    get one they are awesome and online is **** and almost life changing

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    x SAINT x

x SAINT x Enthusiast

Ratings:
    yeah thats another reason i wanted it was for blu-ray.

5. Holy Ownage

Holy Ownage Getting There

Ratings:
    I've always felt that the online was and still is a major let down.
    In my honest opinion, I'd hold off the money until they drop again in prices.

T'is bound to happen with the credit crunch and the latest statistic reports from Sony related to PS3 sales.

6. justint420

justint420 Newbie

Ratings:
    I went through a similar situation these past couple weeks. I have a 360 and a wii and they both got boring. I wanted a PS3 but the price kept me from making a rushed decision. After weighing the pros and cons of a PS3 I decided to buy one.

I love it!!! I picked up a Resistance 2, Motorstorm:tongue:R, and Socom. They are all good games in different ways. The PS3 online is great. Xbox live is the standard but PSN is on its heels. Also PSN is less laggy than Xbox live. I would recommend getting a PS3, you will love it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    x SAINT x

x SAINT x Enthusiast

Ratings:
    cool cool but for the trophies do you get ppoints fvor em to or does it just add up all the trophies you havfe and says you have this many???

8. justint420

justint420 Newbie

Ratings:
    you do not get points like achievements but it does keep count and give you trophies based on bronze, silver, gold, and platinum. It works nicely. Achivements are a tad better but not enough to fret over. The XMB or "dashboard" on the PS3 is worlds better than xbox 360.

9. OP
    x SAINT x

x SAINT x Enthusiast

Ratings:
    yea i have been watching vids for like the last 2 days now. but i like points but o well. i can still show of my 25,000 on XBL (thats a small amount to most people on this site =p)

10. JackRules

JackRules SKC Enthusiast

Ratings:
    My ps3 is worthless, the game's suck, online is horrible, is it worth it? i don't think so. IMO

11. justint420

justint420 Newbie

Ratings:
    I really think the people who are putting the PS3 down are not giving it a fair chance. I used to be one of those people, the kind who think everyone with a PS3 is stupid. After giving it an open mind I believe it is right there with the 360 and even better on some levels.

As I said xbox live is slightly better but not so much to fret over. Everything else seems to be better on the PS3. You need to check out Killzone 2. That will be an awesome game. Also alot of people complain about Socom but I think it rivals anything the 360 offers.

All in all the PS3 has alot to offer regardless of what some people may tell you.

12. Madsnper3

Madsnper3 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    dude get a ps3 and add me Madsnper3 i only play CoD5. Where you said to explain trophies system. well when you play games on campin or online you win trophies for pretty muvh just to show off.:biggrin: