• Thread starter loady
  • Start date
  • Views 3,269
L

loady

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This is madness I have been through upmteen different as card readers trying to dump 4gb nand, finally I found and old internal card reader, plugged it into the pc motherboard and hey presto it worked and dumped the nand, I had to go out so knowing that I had a good setup I switched everything off, when I went back to it later I can't read the nand anymore, nothings moved or changed and the soldering is good. I could still see the nand showing up in the drive but when I try to dump it it says can't get disk geometry....this doesn't make sense at all..I'm wondering if windows (Microsoft) knows what I am doing and is screwing with my os

Risking Perfect

Risking Perfect

I'm not dead, Just deployed
Super Moderators
Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy Scaling the Mountain
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Please post pictures of the install, I can help you better if I can see what is going on.

L

loady

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok, I'll have to do that tomorrow, how should I go ?...

1. Install SD tool reader
2. Write back original nand
3. Create and write ecc (I was doing muffin install so I should have cr4 checked?)
4. Install matrix v3

After doing this I will take pictures.

Risking Perfect

Risking Perfect

I'm not dead, Just deployed
Super Moderators
Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy Scaling the Mountain
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
You may have bridged or damaged points that are important to the booting

L

loady

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You may have bridged or damaged points that are important to the booting

So..I unsoldered the matrix but left wires attached to the respective points on Corona, I then wrote nanddumpbin back to nand, removed the wire from crystal and it still just beeps fans don't start console not booting. Here are some links to pictures, you can see I have repaired the SD reader points and a trace from the blank topside nand footprint.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8t8NhKfXzRTx2GLD8

https://photos.app.goo.gl/pyevbvAfbHsv1TFk8

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mBaEL5hWfByrHfNPA

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1voV2Fa3D1p8wQtk6

L

loady

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Now I removed everything again, installed an ace v3 which lights up with standby power, still the console is just beeping...I noticed that my nand reads as 3588 whereas a video where weekemdmodder does it his reads as 3696, his.board is with is with the small phision controller as is mine but his has not.post where mine does. Before I started all this I did a full dump of this nand and kept it safe, prior to this noting had been written to the nand...should I try to write back the full dump?..anyway, I post more pictures below of this latest setup soldering is mint, it looks a bit ropey around the nand points as it's hard to see with the trace repairs as well, it reads and writes just fine though..

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8YXgrcbvKHu91Qpp6

https://photos.app.goo.gl/q9vekyahawYie4bG6

https://photos.app.goo.gl/iBDixjWrjEaU5PNu8

L

loady

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey HuskerHeaven or Noobert can you guys give any insight here, I am stumped.

Second that !!, Though thank you for your help thus far. It's a shame the scene has gone quiet, not so many of the guru's around these days.

Anyway, I tried to write the full 4gb nand dump back to console and it's not having any of. It, it seems to stop after about 20 seconds like the reader has been removed and plugged in again, it does still write the 48mb dump without issue though but still just beeps.

I have now removed the SD tool and checked everything is intact and taken a picture of it below. I saw a guide by someone on how to convert the 4gb to a 16mb nand, I'm wondering if the nand is fekked somehow. Can't see any solder splashes anywhere and I have used a microscope to see the board.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hHK6dnn3ruFcYc3u9

Second that !!, Though thank you for your help thus far. It's a shame the scene has gone quiet, not so many of the guru's around these days.

Anyway, I tried to write the full 4gb nand dump back to console and it's not having any of. It, it seems to stop after about 20 seconds like the reader has been removed and plugged in again, it does still write the 48mb dump without issue though but still just beeps.

I have now removed the SD tool and checked everything is intact and taken a picture of it below. I saw a guide by someone on how to convert the 4gb to a 16mb nand, I'm wondering if the nand is fekked somehow. Can't see any solder splashes anywhere and I have used a microscope to see the board.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hHK6dnn3ruFcYc3u9
Perhaps weekendmodder could pipe in.

L

loady

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
gone back to the corona that see the nand but wont read it, no repairs to this one. this one keeps giving me failed to get disk geometry, is there another way to try and read the nand, using something like winSCP

L

loady

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
have just removed everything and the console is booting fine to retail so no damage then, dont understand why i am getting this failed to get disk geometry with this one, it is pristine condition, using the same setup to read the nand as the other console that i can read from.

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
is this the same one that wouldn't boot after writing back your nand dump? From just skimming through this thread it sounds like you didn't have a good read and wrote THAT back to the console. like i said i just skimmed through and it seems your talking about several different consoles so, I might not be understanding the situation .

L

loady

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
is this the same one that wouldn't boot after writing back your nand dump? From just skimming through this thread it sounds like you didn't have a good read and wrote THAT back to the console. like i said i just skimmed through and it seems your talking about several different consoles so, I might not be understanding the situation .

Ha! Newsk Newsk I know the thread your talking about, it's an old one and not relevant to this one but for good measure I have tried my reader on that console and the same still applies.

I basically have (had) two good working consoles that I have a good reader to read the nands, one had ECC written to it and doesn't boot, just beeps the other had nothing written to it but won't let me see nand, it still boots retail

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
lmk if you would like me to look at either of them. Have gotten away from this for a long while and would love a good challenge. No charge of coarse!

L

loady

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
lmk if you would like me to look at either of them. Have gotten away from this for a long while and would love a good challenge. No charge of coarse!

I'm in the UK, pretty much on the verge of packing them away now, I think you may be in the USA and maybe not viable to send to there ?

L

loady

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Having said that, you like a challenge ?.….I could send you all three PCB for your perusal if you think you can do more than I have tried and to be honest I have spent days in these mofos

L

loady

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
yeah in usa. think we've been over this b4 lmao. would cost way too much!

You know, I might weigh them up and get a price, would you be kind enough to look at them gratis ?... More than anything, if you can't sort them at least I know I was pissing into the wind..do you have a fan and heat sink ?...I would literally just send the PCB without out anything else, if I get a Wright maybe you could get a price for me to return..pm me if your up for it

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
i have a weird nand issue going on myself. basically i took old dual nand console and was updating it to new dash. i flashed the rgh nand to 17544 and then downloaded 17544 from xbox website to usb stick and used it to update the stock side which booted fine. afterwards the rgh side wouldnt boot,just beep, so i decided to remake the rgh image. unfortunatelly i accidentally wrote it to the stock nand!:banghead: so now my nand dumps are from before the efuse blew!
Now i have tried everything i know to rebuild the stock nand and cant get it booting stock anymore!! extracted files , even tried clean trinity smc, built without nand dump to 17544, 17511, 17526, all using the ldv of 32 which is current from xell fusses. what gives!!

Top Bottom
Login
Register