[RE-Release] VALVe zip0.360.zip documentation/editing tool (Team Fortress 2/Left 4 Dead 2)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by Sinconic HD, Jun 5, 2014 with 31 replies and 3,972 views.

1. Sinconic HD

Sinconic HD Enthusiast

Ratings:
    What is it?
    This is a tool that allows easy creation and modification of Xbox 360 zip0.360.zip files for VALVe games.
    [​IMG]
    Download
    Click here to download (32-bit)
    Click here to download (64-bit)
    Click here to download (Source) - For Visual Basic 2010
    Virus Check

Usage
    Extraction
    1. Get size in bytes of file (This is provided already for TF2's zip0.360.zip)
    2. Enter your zip name in the Zip -> Folder option
    3. Enter the folder to extract to in the Zip -> Folder option
    4. Extract. This will take some time.
    Editing
    1. Rename __preload_section.pre to _!preload_section.pre
    2. Edit whatever you want
    Notes
    • Keep any new files added in a seperate location, they will be added later. Only keep changes to existing files in the folder
    • Do not add any large resource files, there is a cap of ~14MB
    Recompiling the ZIP
    1. Enter the path to the new zip you wish to create under 'Zip' in Folder->Zip
    2. Enter the path to the folder that contains the extracted and modified zip in 'Folder'
    3. Hit Folder -> Zip. This will take a while.
    4. Open the zip in WinRAR (I've only used WinRAR)
    5. Place any extra files you might have into the zip now. When you add them, make sure that you set the compression level to 'Store' [image].
    6. Enter the path to the new zip under 'Zip' in 'Pad Zip'. Place the desired size in the 'size' box (Note: the correct size for Team Fortress 2's zip0.360.zip is provided for you)
    7. Hit 'Pad Zip'. This may take a while.

• Like Like x 4
  2. LikeRussian

LikeRussian Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Nice,This Work for Left 4 dead 1 right?

3. OP
    Sinconic HD

Sinconic HD Enthusiast

Ratings:
    yes! :biggrin:

4. CRACKbomberxLWx

CRACKbomberxLWx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Except it won't... The L4D1 engine is very picky about it's file alignment, and if they aren't optimized, it will crash like crazy.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    Sinconic HD

Sinconic HD Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Why thank you creator.
    It would be nice if you released one for left 4 dead 1 :smile:
    Srry for the wrong info.

6. CRACKbomberxLWx

CRACKbomberxLWx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I did (vXZip)

7. OP
    Sinconic HD

Sinconic HD Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Oh yea I love your tool but for some reason I'm having problems saving and extracting the Zip0.360.zip file.
    When i press the extract button it does nothing and when I save it and open it back up nothing was ever saved.

Ps you should make one more bind menu for the community.

8. Retribution

Retribution Dépaysement

Ratings:
    Netham46 ruined the valve series. TheKillZombie and jojoboy666 were the ones who discovered how to mod via ISO after the patch. They first did this on Team Fortress 2, The Orange Box. It was a few years after that Netham46 and his groupies stayed up for days burning through thousands of dollars until they finally figured it out, only to release it publicly...

9. Krazaki

Krazaki Enthusiast

Ratings:
    No they never, the #L4DMafia aka CrackBomber and others including myself were the first to modify this after patch and it really isn't hard at all.

Took me and others say like 10 min to figure it out. It isn't like Valve use security to protect the zip files. The only reason noobs can't access the ZIP files is because they were optimized for speed and efficiency.

10. Retribution

Retribution Dépaysement

Ratings:
    So according to you, you and CrackBomber, whom I know, had mods via ISO as soon as 2008? I know for sure that TheKillZombie had mods in early 2008, not long after the patch. If you had mods before that, I'll have to take your word for it. Then again, I easily can be wrong, especially if you and Crackbomber were very discreet.

11. Krazaki

Krazaki Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I cannot argue, but just one thing - Lel.

p.s Nathams Zip Editor is shocking.

12. Retribution

Retribution Dépaysement

Ratings:
    Actually, Netham's tool is garbage. I like Crack Bomber's tool a lot more. You should just cut the condescending self-righteous crap, because I seriously doubt it took you "10 minutes" to bypass the patch via ISO.

One thing you should know, in 10 years, when I am 26, I hope to God that I am no longer lurking around this website telling myself I am "superior" to others solely based on my ability to mod a video game.

/end

13. Krazaki

Krazaki Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I'm not? I'm actually a helpful member. It did take me 10 mins maybe less?. It's not rocket science.

Opens Zip, renames preload, manually inserts binds. Proffit?
    It's not like it's encrypted... lel.

kthxbai #l4dmafia.

14. fiera24

fiera24 Newbie

Ratings:
  15. Retribution

Retribution Dépaysement

Ratings:
    Please don't abuse mods with this tool. We have enough people do it.

16. Luissenciado21

Luissenciado21 Newbie

Ratings:
    Hello that to all who make this page possible, I have seen this program and the truth seems extraordinary, but I have problems when I try to extract the Zip0 from Left 4 dead 2, I mark error, the Zip1 if I can extract it but the previous one No, because they do not put the easiest way to do it so as not to struggle and avoid asking if it's not too annoying, Greetings- NOTE: Do not speak English, use a translator to write, if you notice my words misused, I apologize, the translator could not do the translation well.
    -ESPAÑOL---
    Hola que tal a todos los que hacen posible esta pagina,he visto este programa y la verdad me parece extraordinario,pero tengo problemas cuando intento extrae el Zip0 de Left 4 dead 2,me marca error,el Zip1 si lo puedo extraer pero el anterior no,porque no ponen la manera mas facil de hacerlo para no batallar y evitar estar preguntando si no es mucha molestaia,Saludos- NOTA: No se hablar ingles,uso un traductor para escribir,si notan mal empleadas mis palabras,pido disculpa,el traductor no pudo hacer bien la traducion.

17. iTzZ Fenix

iTzZ Fenix Getting There

Ratings:

Works perfect with small zips like Portal Still Alive Arcade, but on Portal 2 Zip0, it throws a System Out of Memory error:
    Code:
    See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
       at System.IO.File.InternalReadAllBytes(String path, Boolean checkHost)
       at ZipFix.X360Zip.zipFile.loadFile(String FileName)
       at ZipFix.X360Zip.zipFile..ctor(String FileName)
       at ZipFix.Form1.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
        Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL
        CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    ZipFix
        Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Zipfix/ZipFix.exe
    Microsoft.VisualBasic
        Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 11.0.50709.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL
        CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
    System.Windows.Forms
        CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
        CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
        CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    Accessibility
        CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
    System.Runtime.Remoting
        CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
    System.Configuration
        CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
        CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
        <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Anyway, thanks for your work!

18. CabooseSayzWTF

CabooseSayzWTF ☑️☣ End of The Line ☣☑️

Ratings:
    Are you using 32 or 64 bit? 32 bit version had tremendous issues. I use the 64 bit version of that tool with no issues at all. I have no idea why you would get that error besides the fact that the toll had huge huge memory leaks... you need to have at least a minimum of 4gb or ram or more to even remotely use nethams tool.

• Like Like x 1
  19. iTzZ Fenix

iTzZ Fenix Getting There

Ratings:

im using 32bit.
    I'm going to test 64-bit later i had to edit the zip in the hard way, using the hex editor and fixing headers :facepalm:

The mod menu that you helped create is fantastic, I was just missing an unlock all achievements, I created one and added it along with the mod, if you have interest in it just PM me

20. CabooseSayzWTF

CabooseSayzWTF ☑️☣ End of The Line ☣☑️

Ratings:
    I helped create, which menu would that be lol? The only menu I ever made for source *x360 wise* would be my portal 2 menu, which was developed by me, but i handed the menu over to a few people to bug fix and code clean up in the end run.

Also i tried to create a unlock all chevvo function using entities and such, but could never get it to work, Assuming cheats had to be set to 1 in a SP map then save the game once cheats were off after infecting a button with said cfg infect.