• Views 241
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rebelution

Rebelution

Flyer Fanatic
Reaction score
Sin$
Well I have a Dell Deminsion 9100. It has no HDD. I want to upgrade it so it can run Windows 7 and able to play games pretty smoothly.
I have give or take 200$ to spend to fix it up. I have a cheap monitor and will upgrade that after I get it running properly.

HDD- I'm thinking of buying Western Digital - Caviar GP 500GB Internal Hard Drive

Graphics card?

Ram? (can use up to 4 gb?)

CPU? (It has a Intel Pentium 4 i think?)

Any other upgrades?

E

EvRocK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well the hard drive would work, you could definitely also do a RAM upgrade with some looking into the specs that it needs to be. Also the GPU should be fine for an upgrade except in my opinion it isnt worth it on an old computer for any of this. And for the processor, sometimes with dell desktops it will say that a processor upgrade would work on paper, but in reality it wont work(not sure exactly why, but I know this is true with some models when upgrading from pentium 4 to core 2 duo).

Wheen

Wheen

Bytesexual
Retired
Programmer Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
You're overpaying for that hard drive. Shove out an extra $10 and get twice the storage:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148433

If you wait for a sale you'll get even more off. I got one of those on Black Friday for $50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register