Discussion RDR2 Online like and gripe thread

Discussion in 'Red Dead Redemption 2' started by Gandalf61, Nov 27, 2018 with 149 replies and 9,250 views.

1. XbmcModsForXbox

XbmcModsForXbox Newbie

Ratings:
    This game is so fun highly reccomend it for all

2. Mary Jane Phillips

Mary Jane Phillips Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yeah, it's not bad. But I prefer cannelloni. Perhaps not so obviously fun, but highly recommended for all too.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  3. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke Memes 4 Dayz Retired

Ratings:
    Sure I'll jump on the bandwagon. Great game, would recommend it to all but the Online portion sucks currently.

thank you and good night.

4. Slice

Slice 11 Premium

Ratings:
    You could say it's good but i agree that the online mode is terrible.

5. Fogel

Fogel Call Me Mclovin!

Ratings:
    I would say decent here. Over hyped imo. Online sucks and I don't know is hasn't been able to hold my interest.

6. JOKEROFXBOX

JOKEROFXBOX Enthusiast

Ratings:
    The game is good if you only plan on buying it for the single player at the moment. Other than that, unless you like running around in an empty sandbox like Sea of Thieves or No Man's Sky, I wouldn't buy it for online.

7. Activexre

Activexre Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Definitely NOT overhyped! But i can see how one would think that 3 months post release.

Also, online is lots of fun if you are looking for freeroam PvP and have ATLEAST one friend that have as much spare time and passion for the game as you.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  8. Slice

Slice 11 Premium

Ratings:
    No it was very overhyped.

• Like Like x 1
  9. smoidal

smoidal Enthusiast

Ratings:
    not over hyped they have lots of plans
    online is all about fun if you have a few friends and not a loner

10. Legend

Legend I'm Legen.... Wait for it... DARY ツ Premium

Ratings:
    I would say online was overhyped but the singleplayer was amazing. That part was far from overhyped in my opinion :smile:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Fogel

Fogel Call Me Mclovin!

Ratings:

As someone who was inlove with the first one. Overhyped, and no one else really even liked the first one

12. OP
    Gandalf61

Gandalf61 You Shall Not Pass! VIP Retired

Ratings:
    Agree. Online stinks right now. Its been 3 months since release. They should have dropped a.dlc by now. Imho, they released before it was ready. I think they rushed it cuz they were already 18 months behind schedule.

13. RaoulDuke

Ratings:
    LOL nice job with the sneak merging of threads staff, I see you bois. :whistle:

I 100% agree with you though Gandalf61. I hate to say this cause R* has been one of my top game devs for quite some time but, I honestly think one of the main reasons they released the Online portion so much longer before it was clearly not ready. Was so they could hop on the Christmas bandwagon and suck dry the people that are willing to spend their hard-earned real life money on worthless in-game funds. I do expect there to be some form of a content update within the next month or two tops, but that's beside the point. This portion of the game needed much more fine-tuning and adjustments that should've set its 'beta' phase back at least a month or two.

At this rate, they've basically given us an early access version of the Online mode and sold it as an extended beta period. Regardless of the reasoning behind it, it's just a massive shame that this was how its launch ended up going.

• Like Like x 2
  14. vagg_

vagg_ Newbie

Ratings:
    I think online is dead already...

15. RaoulDuke

Ratings:
    It was dead upon release lol But like I said in my previous post, I think this dry cycle is only going to last for another month or two, tops. There's more content coming soon, it's just a matter of when R*'s cryptic team decide to reveal/release it to us.

16. OP
    Gandalf61

Gandalf61 You Shall Not Pass! VIP Retired

Ratings:
    I hope so. In the meantime, im heading back to gta5

• Like Like x 1
  17. Activexre

Activexre Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Well they can release all the DLC they want. Im so done with it. I dont even know any friends who still play RDR2 anymore. Thing of the past.
    Would love some SP DLC though.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ausernamez

ausernamez Hooked on phonics worked for me.

Ratings:
    Communication is horrible with Rockstar. Today tonics are on sale, (check your catalog) yet no newsletter, no tweet, nothing to even let us know the sale is active.
    Tonics too, smh... like who asked for a tonic sale in their feedback submission? Nobody.
    We asked for bug fixes asap and more content.
    The goddmamn faith is running out.

19. pastysmasher

pastysmasher Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Online has become stale and boring. There is literally nothing to do.

20. schitzotm

schitzotm Contributor

Ratings:
    Its the wild west. There really isnt much to do. Maybe add stagecoach robbery? Boring after an hour. Add buy property and build house... boring after an hour. Takes too long to ride a horse across the map guy standing there as you pass shoots you with autoaim. At least in gta you can just run him over. Just let rdro die.