What's new

Discovery RDR2 ONLINE - Dupe carcass/unskinned anaimal on the horse

B1GBOOM420xboxone

B1GBOOM420xboxone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Let me start by saying that this is just a information thread. I do not know exactly how to fix the issues I'm having but I figured I should tell the Forum about what I have found

- - - -
You can get ANY carcass on the back of your horse and run the horse untill they buck you off, after you get up and place the carcas back onto the horse everything looks normal but know when you go to the butcher it will SAY you have 2 of carcasses insted of one. (This works with big pelts aswell like an alligator pelt or cow elk pelt)

The issue i have is i cannot figure out how to either keep both or sell both. When you try to sell it will say double what it should ( ex. 2 3star cougars carcasses is worth around $26.00) but it sells for the price of one ($13.00)

As you can figure out this could be a HUGE money glitch i just need help figureing out the sale

If anyone has ideas on how to make this work please let me know :smile:

TheGambler

TheGambler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Take it off the horse and sell it alone. Then see if you still have one on your horse! ????

B1GBOOM420xboxone

B1GBOOM420xboxone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Take it off the horse and sell it alone. Then see if you still have one on your horse! ????
I did try that and it didnt work :frown:

Also something else i did that got closer - i took the cogar off the hourse and out it on the floor - took my horse to the butcher and sold the cougar. When i turned around to grab my other cougar it had despwan :frown:

TheGambler

TheGambler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I did try that and it didnt work :frown:

Also something else i did that got closer - i took the cogar off the hourse and out it on the floor - took my horse to the butcher and sold the cougar. When i turned around to grab my other cougar it had despwan :frown:
Maybe if someone would watch or hold one of them so it don't de-spawn.

S

ShhDontTellMom

Reaction score
Sin$
I think that the game knows that in that instance, you still only have one carcass to sell. If you could reset the horse while keeping the carcass, maybe it would work. I'm not sure if fast travelling preserves carcasses and pelts, but it's worth a shot.

B1GBOOM420xboxone

B1GBOOM420xboxone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I think that the game knows that in that instance, you still only have one carcass to sell. If you could reset the horse while keeping the carcass, maybe it would work. I'm not sure if fast travelling preserves carcasses and pelts, but it's worth a shot.

I will try that out right now and report back!

S

ShhDontTellMom

Reaction score
Sin$
I will try that out right now and report back!

Awesome. What I wonder now is that if there's a way to do this successfuly, I'd imagine it'd make more sense for all the carcasses to be duped. Essentially, you can exponentially increase the number of carcasses if this can be pulled off. Now that's a ****ing money glitch!!

B1GBOOM420xboxone

B1GBOOM420xboxone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Awesome. What I wonder now is that if there's a way to do this successfuly, I'd imagine it'd make more sense for all the carcasses to be duped. Essentially, you can exponentially increase the number of carcasses if this can be pulled off. Now that's a ****ing money glitch!!
Sad news tho :frown: fast traveling takes your carcass off

S

ShhDontTellMom

Reaction score
Sin$
Ok, I was able to sell the one on my shoulder in the butcher menu, while preserving the ones on the horse. Those, however did not give me any money when sold. What platform are you on? I have a couple ideas that involve another player.

B1GBOOM420xboxone

B1GBOOM420xboxone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok, I was able to sell the one on my shoulder in the butcher menu, while preserving the ones on the horse. Those, however did not give me any money when sold. What platform are you on? I have a couple ideas that involve another player.
Xboxone

S

ShhDontTellMom

Reaction score
Sin$
Has anyone tried respawning or getting killed by another player, and then trying to sell?

B1GBOOM420xboxone

B1GBOOM420xboxone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Has anyone tried respawning or getting killed by another player, and then trying to sell?
Personally i havnt each time i get killed by another player I just whistle for my horse so i can get the f*** outa there. (Which if he respawns causes the hides/carcass/brids disapear)

L

LeakyCheekz

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey um idk if this is helpful or not but i was killing perfect sheep at valentine i had one on my horse one i carried as i ran lol i stopped diagonally left of the butcher like towards hes back but prob 2 horse lengths or so away anyway sold at butcher the 2 carcasses n one lesser quality one spawned on the floor next to my horse was able to sell all 3

X

XDDX PurpleQueen83

Reaction score
Sin$
today i had a baby alligator on my horse. i went in barber shop to change my hair and when i came out i seen my alligator under my horse. so i was like ok somebody knocked it off. well when i got to butcher it said i had 2 carcasses. so i tried selling individually and i got money for one and butcher took both! not sure what this means but would be AWESOME if we.could make use of it..

R

rusbeckia

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey um idk if this is helpful or not but i was killing perfect sheep at valentine i had one on my horse one i carried as i ran lol i stopped diagonally left of the butcher like towards hes back but prob 2 horse lengths or so away anyway sold at butcher the 2 carcasses n one lesser quality one spawned on the floor next to my horse was able to sell all 3
I don‘t know how this happens but the same happened to me with a cougar.
Don‘t know what exactly made it to spawn next to my horse though.
However, I had a perfect cougar carcass and while selling I think another dude tried to steal it. Got the money dor it and when I backed out of the butcher a poor(?!) cougar carcass was lying on the floor behind my horse.
Maybe get a friend to steal your carcass while you sell it and see what happens

EDIT: i could sell the poor carcass too and got money for it.
But I have no idea how it turned into a poor one even if it was duped. I also don‘t think someone ditched a poor cougar carcass near my horse out of generosity lol

Maybe you just can‘t sell the duped carcass cause they are both the same quality? Try to kick the perfect carcass before putting it on the horse again!

Last edited:
L

LurkerZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This should be moved to discovery, since no glitch method has been confirmed to work

Tazzeres

Tazzeres

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
after dupeing the carcus has anyone tryed shooting the visable one to change its star rateing ? that might litrally turn it to a "new" carcuss?while the dupe keeps the old star rateing ?

Top Bottom
Login
Register