What's new

Working RDR2 "EXIT TO FREE ROAM" GLITCH (switch lobbies at will glitch)

E

eddie mac

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys here is a pretty cool glitch a had found when R* first patched my original SOLO lobby method and with this you can do multiple glitches so if you find something feel free to post here and let us know. I was able to make it to the Penitentiary Island as seen in the video I will link and also a duplication glitch. You also use this for XP and stack up items when hunting! I had given this to a few friends to test but now it is your turn to try it out and see what you can find with it. Enjoy!

Video Tutorial -

Text Tutorial: (You can get into this a few ways I will show 2 ways)
rdr2 "Exit to freeroam glitch" method 1:
------------------------------
-Join a friend or random Player
-Now open up your "Free Roam Menu"
-Go to "Quick Join" hit x
-Go to "Story Mission On-Call" hit x to start match making
-Now quickly join that friend or player you are in the same lobby with
Done, Now you can switch lobbies whenever you like. Stranger missions, missions, butcher, stores, camp, wardrobe and fast travel is not active for you.
But you can hunt and do other things with this glitch.
//
Method 2:
-----------
-Join a friend or random Player
-Set up a quick Link to Join their session
-Now Press "Options"
-Go to "Online" hit x
-Go down to "Last Stand" hit x
-Now you want to Accept the message
-Then quickly join that friend or player you are in the same lobby with

Founders:
x5150xi
+
shiftteam

Check out this thread and release of me going over to the Penitentiary Island -
https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/th...glitch-how-to-get-to-the-jail-island.1770842/

**Now when you open your Free roam menu you will notice you have the option to
"exit to free roam" but you are still in freeroam**

*Note when in this glitch you can switch lobbies whenever you like and sit in the exact same spot when switching.

Last edited:
PackBain

PackBain

Reaction score
Sin$
So... what does this “glitch” actually do? Your video is unrelated to the glitch and shows nothing about it. You can always switch lobbies at will. I’m failing to understand what the point is. Is it a solo lobby? Your post doesn’t state that, and there are multiple other posts that list the same steps except instead of hitting quick join you join a story mission or showdown via a friend. Essentially the same thing. It just seems pointless to make this an entire post when it’s only an extremely slight adjustment to the existing methods. And also you don’t even state it’s a solo lobby glitch or say what it does at all.

E

eddie mac

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
So... what does this “glitch” actually do? Your video is unrelated to the glitch and shows nothing about it. You can always switch lobbies at will. I’m failing to understand what the point is. Is it a solo lobby? Your post doesn’t state that, and there are multiple other posts that list the same steps except instead of hitting quick join you join a story mission or showdown via a friend. Essentially the same thing. It just seems pointless to make this an entire post when it’s only an extremely slight adjustment to the existing methods. And also you don’t even state it’s a solo lobby glitch or say what it does at all.

The video is relevent because you need this glitch in order to pass the barrier to the island without getting tossed back to Saint Denis. That should have been very clear with what I stated "what you can do with this glitch" but if not I hope that is clear enough now. And yes this is very similar to methods I have released for solo lobbies and the original joining PvP. But this is different and not the same. I had also said at the end I will be making a video tutorial I just wanted to release this for my subscribers and members here to see what you can find with it and be able to cross barriers. You can do multiple things with this, if you read the whole thread I stated feel free to post what you find with it here.

E

eddie mac

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$

Added a video tut and another method for it.

Eblade67

Eblade67

Coffin Dodger
Reaction score
Sin$
Tried for hours using both methods on xbox without success.
I can't possibly go any faster with button presses on xbox as we don't have quick link option.

Solo based on same principles I hit 100% and never fail.
With this I get sucked into story mission regardless.

If I try to multi join friend I get server error and black screen that kicks you too main screen.

Using last stand I always get cannot connect to rockstar services at this time error and that kicks you back to main game screen.
If I wait using last stand till I see grey screen then join friend I get stuck eventually on permanent black loading screen. Could be timing somewhere inbetween.

I hate getting beat so going to keep trying but seems there is a difference on xbox.
Great glitch though :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Eblade67

Eblade67

Coffin Dodger
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok just to update.

I finally hit this on xbox using last stand!

Not sure what I done different but it worked.
I joined and it dropped me back into freeroam this time and then loaded me back into last stand loading screen. I debated with myself what to do then after a few seconds decided to join player in free roam again.
I dropped in invisible and then had option to quit to freeroam.
It must be really tight the timing to join first time on xbox without quick link.
Off to explore but will test some more when I get booted or use another console.
Thanks

ausernamez

ausernamez

Hooked on phonics worked for me.
Reaction score
Sin$
Tried many times, cannot seem to hit it. Timing really fast?
I get message of already in lobby as player I try to join, and I get loading screen, but it dumps me into a whole new lobby with no quit 2 freeroam option.

E

eddie mac

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Tried many times, cannot seem to hit it. Timing really fast?
I get message of already in lobby as player I try to join, and I get loading screen, but it dumps me into a whole new lobby with no quit 2 freeroam option.

Try method two, I also have two more methods for this but wanted to save those for in case if this gets patched. But if people are having trouble with these methods then i might post those as well.

Eblade67

Eblade67

Coffin Dodger
Reaction score
Sin$
Many points,
a few would be
-Dupe
-The ability to walk through barriers
-Get the cops off you
-XP

I forgot to test if plant harvesting worked when I was in it. I mean pick up batch then switch. If they respawn pick up again.

llcubell

llcubell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Going to play with this a bit and report back any findings.

*Edit 1: So it seems like you can't see player blips. Unsure if they can see your blip or not though. Also seems like the guy that tried to kill me had a hard time locking on... he might have just been a bad shot though... more testing required.

*Edit 2: Alright, can confirm everything shown 100% works on PS4. I'm exploring the island right now! Great find. Would like to know if there's a way to willingly stop the underwater glitch though... I'd love to get on that fancy story mission ship in the waters near Saint Denis!

Last edited:
E

eddie mac

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Going to play with this a bit and report back any findings.

*Edit 1: So it seems like you can't see player blips. Unsure if they can see your blip or not though. Also seems like the guy that tried to kill me had a hard time locking on... he might have just been a bad shot though... more testing required.

*Edit 2: Alright, can confirm everything shown 100% works on PS4. I'm exploring the island right now! Great find. Would like to know if there's a way to willingly stop the underwater glitch though... I'd love to get on that fancy story mission ship in the waters near Saint Denis!

Thanks man :smile:
And yeah players can see your blip but you can not see theirs as you had stated. Not too sure about the lock on part as i really don't fight people in this game much but I believe they can not lock on to us in this glitch. But I'll have to confirm that one.

Madz420HD

Madz420HD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I can't find anything to do in this glitch and struggling to have a good time in this glitched state.. no point hunting because the butcher is closed. Hope someone can find a proper use for this before it's patched lol

Also where is the Duplication glitch you said you could do with this???

Shadowless

Shadowless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Got method one to work on the first try! :smile:

I will now test method number 2 :wink:

Thanks again, for these glitches :smile:

Shadowless

Shadowless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
For the second method, do we have access to the things that we don't have access with the first method?

C

Child Labor

Reaction score
Sin$
You can exit the glitch by joining a showdown, race, or elimination series, and then exiting back to free roam before the match starts.
Look for series icons on the map.

You can collect small, and medium pelts while in the glitch, and if you join a series, and immediately exit to free roam, then they'll be on your horse when you get there. You can then sell the pelts.

E

eddie mac

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
You can exit the glitch by joining a showdown, race, or elimination series, and then exiting back to free roam before the match starts.
Look for series icons on the map.

You can collect small, and medium pelts while in the glitch, and if you join a series, and immediately exit to free roam, then they'll be on your horse when you get there. You can then sell the pelts.

Thanks for the info and yeah I should have mentioned that as I had some friends earlier asking me how to get out without having to restart the game.

Top Bottom
Login
Register