• Thread starter Spalchk9
  • Start date
  • Views 41,721
Silzncer

Silzncer

Reaction score
Sin$
yeah that's fair
Also idk if you know but there is a spot in Lemoyne with cougars/panthers + pelicans and othet good birds, maybe that's where he farms, never saw too much people there

And it takes ~ 3 mins from there to butcher, i think that's where he farms because 30$ = just panther + any other animal with lasso (or stolen horse), and he makes 80$ if birds spawns

Spalchk9

Spalchk9

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Also idk if you know but there is a spot in Lemoyne with cougars/panthers + pelicans and othet good birds, maybe that's where he farms, never saw too much people there

And it takes ~ 3 mins from there to butcher, i think that's where he farms because 30$ = just panther + any other animal with lasso (or stolen horse), and he makes 80$ if birds spawns
Yeah you could def be onto something there... your talking like the area in story where you run into that panther right? It would make sense because after a trip to the butcher you can change sessions and easily spawn new panthers n such

JDRED

JDRED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Red dead is a hunting simulator now then.

I wouldnt fish or hunt in real life why would i want to have to do it in a game,

Its cool and all, but my god we need something better than glitchin fish and cougars.

T

TheJohns

Reaction score
Sin$

I wouldnt fish or hunt in real life why would i want to have to do it in a game,

Its cool and all, but my god we need something better than glitchin fish and cougars.
you aren't wrong.

I like gta just because there is so much to do online and you can literally be doing some silly **** online and be making money.

Options are so limited right now that I don't really play unless I'm with friends.

Sometimes I'll get l do AFK methods when watching YouTube.

Spalchk9

Spalchk9

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$

Yep all true stuff here, it’s crazy when you lose track of time and then you realize that all you have been doing on rdr is legit hunting and you forgot other parts of the game lol... they def need to get better fast, and the fact that we can hardly even just do these limited things because of no private servers yet is just crazy

Silzncer

Silzncer

Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah you could def be onto something there... your talking like the area in story where you run into that panther right? It would make sense because after a trip to the butcher you can change sessions and easily spawn new panthers n such
Yeah i am talking about that, there are actually 2 spots where you can find panther (gives you 20$ with carcas), if you wanna know exact location just google "red dead redemption 2 panther location" they are same o online, today i was farming one near Rhodes and saw a lot of birds that in total gave me ~35$ + 20$ from panther + 15$ from male deer , in total it's 70 and it took me atleast 10 mins maybe 15 for full run, so i still don't believe him about 3 mins...

Still prefer farming birds near bridge in rhodes, all i do is change session and farm them until i am full with plumes and then i kill a deer and gator in my way to the butcher, in total it gives me ~70$ in 15 mins but with less stress and i can do it watching youtube or movie..

Marc the Robot

Marc the Robot

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Love this thread and the mystery surrounding the elusive hunting spot. Truth is, the idea of it not being revealed isnt because the "founder" wants to protect it from being abused or [worse] hoard it for himself, which I feel isn't in the interest of this forum. I vote Admin give the user an ultimatum personally but that's up to them. I don't even think his hunting spot exists as he describes it and if it does then chances are you've already come across it.

In any case, good hunting spots exist everywhere [and suitable guides are all over the place] providing people on here use them wisely and make from them what they wish. Similarly, people need to accept that this is an entirely different beast to GTA and money or gold will not come fast. This game is a slow drink to consume; patience, time. Its about savouring it.

Lastly, in the interest of sharing, try the Bison location near Blackwater, and combine it with catching Sturgeon down by the Blackwater pier. You'll get a relative amount of decent money there. Far West Side of the map between Saint Denis and Van Horn is another truly great spot.

Everything in this game works better when you don't have company, however.

Back to the thread however...

This 'glitch' [or exploit] with the fish meant I didn't fish down by the little island just below where the trout spawn en masse. I usually get 3 that spawn, which is fine. In combination with Condors, Pronghorns, Rams, Rabbits, Gila Monsters and Ravens I made around $70 on my first trip (which took 21 minutes exactly). The payout varies. The time varies. The difficulty is increased with the presence of other gamers. This will not get you rich. Most of all, taking into account that dead eye XP is awarded every time you pick up a fish, this is normal game mechanics and therefore not a glitch.

Let this be a mantra to you - there are no good ways of making a lot of money; there are just lots of ways of making some, slowly, each $ at a time.

ooooSTONYoooo

ooooSTONYoooo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

I totally agree.
I have been going off this for about 2 weeks now. Slowly getting back into GTA until they add some more things to do in rdr online. Its getting boring hunting and watching orange dots on maps to see if they coming your way to start or just passing. We need more in lobby games and modes and different ways to earn some money.

To be fair I go on it at night sometimes just to do a few quick races. They pay quite well I think.

This fish spot is crazy though might have to check this out. I like Hunting in deserts shoot and skinning everything that fly's or crawls

JDRED

JDRED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I wanna be an outlaw, not a hunter gatherer,
I want ti he like Hollywood movies,
Not real life.

Spalchk9

Spalchk9

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Love this thread and the mystery surrounding the elusive hunting spot. Truth is, the idea of it not being revealed isnt because the "founder" wants to protect it from being abused or [worse] hoard it for himself, which I feel isn't in the interest of this forum. I vote Admin give the user an ultimatum personally but that's up to them. I don't even think his hunting spot exists as he describes it and if it does then chances are you've already come across it.

In any case, good hunting spots exist everywhere [and suitable guides are all over the place] providing people on here use them wisely and make from them what they wish. Similarly, people need to accept that this is an entirely different beast to GTA and money or gold will not come fast. This game is a slow drink to consume; patience, time. Its about savouring it.

Lastly, in the interest of sharing, try the Bison location near Blackwater, and combine it with catching Sturgeon down by the Blackwater pier. You'll get a relative amount of decent money there. Far West Side of the map between Saint Denis and Van Horn is another truly great spot.

Everything in this game works better when you don't have company, however.

Back to the thread however...

This 'glitch' [or exploit] with the fish meant I didn't fish down by the little island just below where the trout spawn en masse. I usually get 3 that spawn, which is fine. In combination with Condors, Pronghorns, Rams, Rabbits, Gila Monsters and Ravens I made around $70 on my first trip (which took 21 minutes exactly). The payout varies. The time varies. The difficulty is increased with the presence of other gamers. This will not get you rich. Most of all, taking into account that dead eye XP is awarded every time you pick up a fish, this is normal game mechanics and therefore not a glitch.

Let this be a mantra to you - there are no good ways of making a lot of money; there are just lots of ways of making some, slowly, each $ at a time.
Yep you said a lot of facts here for sure man. I am personally a hunter myself and find that it’s a huge illusion to think your making more money by waiting around to pick up fish or spawn a certain thing etc etc.... if you go and hunt a prime spot and are smart you can stack cash so much faster . The reason I shared this on here was to put it in this community being it was all over YouTube, figured it can certainly help new players or player in need of certain items who don’t have the means.... But absolutely man, if i take a second horse and hunt a good spot of mine for birds and other animals, I make 60 dollar trips very fast and efficient and the money has always stacked up better that way than any fish glitch that has came out since day 1.
Many played are expecting gta style cash in take and that’s not realistic... this game is not that hard to make money, right now the biggest challenge and time waster is other players and no private sessions

ooooSTONYoooo

ooooSTONYoooo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Wow i just went to check this out and its crazy the people fighting over a few fish

L

leafspuck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
He exploited the award gold thingy? You do realize that only got people 0.20 nuggets each time right? Imagine doing that till you get over 250 gold bars..if he really did it that way he more than earned that gold though..the loading screens probably still haunt his dreams.
I was getting i think close to 1.0 gold per disconnect when it came out. pretty sure you got 0.05 gold per award and you could stack each award...ya loading screens still haunt me but i dont think it was as bad as getting 300 gold 0.2 at a time

S

spamdie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It's the water table is too high in that area. If you look around that area. When it's really high tide you'll see water pop up as a little puddle. And I assume the fish just glitch to the surface.

It's not as good as corpse fishing. While it's 2.50 a fish. Not worth the time reloading the game only to find out they're already taken by another player leaving the area doing the same thing.

Also I've spawned into a couple sessions where you have a team of griefers waiting for people to spawn here since it's been Youtube hyped.

Last edited:
Marc the Robot

Marc the Robot

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Yep you said a lot of facts here for sure man. I am personally a hunter myself and find that it’s a huge illusion to think your making more money by waiting around to pick up fish or spawn a certain thing etc etc.... if you go and hunt a prime spot and are smart you can stack cash so much faster . The reason I shared this on here was to put it in this community being it was all over YouTube, figured it can certainly help new players or player in need of certain items who don’t have the means.... But absolutely man, if i take a second horse and hunt a good spot of mine for birds and other animals, I make 60 dollar trips very fast and efficient and the money has always stacked up better that way than any fish glitch that has came out since day 1.
Many played are expecting gta style cash in take and that’s not realistic... this game is not that hard to make money, right now the biggest challenge and time waster is other players and no private sessions

I think it's a lot of the reason why RDR2 hasn't become quite as popular yet. R* shouldn't expect people to make the transition easily, and to go from one game where you can make millions in a matter of hours (playing legitimately) to farming cans of beans and shooting Bison for $12 every 6 minutes, or even $2.50 a fish every 3 minutes, is a lot to ask if you don't have patience or if you've become too accustomed to the money you can make in GTA. I bet thousands of kids playing GTA woke up last month, downloaded RDR2 Online and thought, "wait, what the f***? I've spent 20 minutes looking for some dude in the forest and I made $10...? f*** this"

I've said before to people that if you're a millionaire in this game, that makes you John D. Rockefeller. Not Hugh Glass. The latter is what I think R* are going for and if people are too dumb to realise that, they should just stick to GTA and leave me in peace to my Bisons.

No doubt there'll be a time when we can have the 'Oil Baron' DLC and be rich but at this moment in time, it's just not necessary to be rich anyway, and to be satisfied with the handful of ways we can make legitimate cash. Even glitching at this point seems pointless to me.

What I said wasn't a complaint about what you posted either. As I say, it's just another way to make money and is helpful. Certainly more helpful than some dude coming here and saying, "Oh I make tons of money but... I can't tell you how lolz"

Marc the Robot

Marc the Robot

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
it's definitely more the fact everything is priced insanely stupid by comparison to the money you make and that is a huge turn off for people who want to have fun playing

Be conscious of what this thread is about before going off on a tangent.

One cannot be "definitely" sure on anything because one can only voice one's own subjective opinion. Your comparison with GTA with regards to disproportionate pricing is dumbfounded since people have been complaining about it for years, and most gave up because R* did nothing about it.

It has very little to do with price of items since that's what gamers who played GTA are used to anyway, is my point. It is more to do with people's expectations of what RDR2 offers when the shadow of GTA looms so darkly over it, and most transitional gamers (some who've been playing GTA for years and obviously NOT RDR2) are left apathetic.

The economy of RDR2 is screwed. We know. But if people are expecting to make 'a lot' (or at the very least, a relatively tidy sum) of money, they need to understand the kind of gaming world they are in better and try to understand how different it is to the one they played in GTA.

How you deduced the other bulls*** you came out with however, I have no idea. :roflmao:

N

Nonfatcactus327

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
He made the point its peaceful and near a butcher. Strawberry is really the only answer because there is not really anything else where people don't typically hang around.

That's good hunting ground most likely. Haven't really been up there since singleplayer but it was good in singleplayer.

What I mean by high value is go out there and find it. That's part of the joy of hunting.

I just got attacked by a panther just south of Thieves Landing, and there are oodles of rare birds and pheasants in the area. To my knowledge the only other Panther is near the plantation house.

postmortemdecay

postmortemdecay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I just got attacked by a panther just south of Thieves Landing, and there are oodles of rare birds and pheasants in the area. To my knowledge the only other Panther is near the plantation house.

I knew of the one south of Blackwater.. I'll have to scope this out. I've fount the albino one NE of Tumbleweed. & also have the Panthers location pin pointed as well.

Top Bottom
Login
Register