News RDO Store is open now to purchase gold bars!

Discussion in 'Red Dead Redemption 2' started by BombasticcBoyy, Dec 14, 2018 with 55 replies and 4,637 views.

1. BombasticcBoyy

BombasticcBoyy Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Just saw that R* opened their store today to players to purchase gold bars, and i have to say, the prices are simply too expensive.

Here's the list:

25 gold bars = $9.99
    55 gold bars = $19.99
    150 gold bars = $49.99
    245 gold bars = $74.99
    350 gold bars = $99.99

There also offering a one-time special offer for:
    25 gold bars = $4.99

That essentially means that to purchase the black arabian, you'll def have to spend around $15 bucks. Seems a bit too much for me, especially when you consider that businesses would be even more expensive than a mere horse.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Rukhmar

Rukhmar Government!!!!

Ratings:
    welp, here it is boys.

3. volpeblu

volpeblu Enthusiast

Ratings:
    LOL
    Just saying thanks to previous gold nuggets glitch... I got a total of 703 gold bars

4. OP
    BombasticcBoyy

Ratings:
    dayum. I only managed to grind 350 gold bars before i got bored of it and already spent 335 bars on all camp upgrades, outfits, guns, horses, etc and have 15 gold bars left now :frown: RIP

• Like Like x 2
  5. Rukhmar

Rukhmar Government!!!!

Ratings:
    I've only ever had 17 LMFAO.

6. kp_

kp_ Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Eh I find this difficult to believe, you would of have to have done that glitch thousands of times to get that amount. How many were you getting an hour?

7. OP
    BombasticcBoyy

Ratings:
    nah, its possible if you did the glitch at the moment it came out when you could stack multiple rewards at once from different categories. ppl were doing 2-5 gold bars (not nuggets) per reset and thats how they got that much gold bars. Personally i did with 1.6 gold bars each rest at the beginning before it nerfed and then gradually lower amount as it got partially patched.

8. volpeblu

volpeblu Enthusiast

Ratings:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  9. Oh You Cappin

Oh You Cappin Newbie

Ratings:
    You can only buy gold bars? Not regular money?

10. Rukhmar

Rukhmar Government!!!!

Ratings:
    You have over 200$ worth of gold bars lmfao that's crazy

11. OP
    BombasticcBoyy

Ratings:
    nope, and i doubt they'll ever sell the regular money as the whole purpose of the gold bars was to separate them, prob for mini gambling games and to avoid lawsuits.

12. Gandalf61

Gandalf61 You Shall Not Pass! VIP Retired

Ratings:
    No different than GTA shark cards. Way over priced. $100 for a 10 million shark card. But believe it or not, many people buy them and they will buy the gold bars.

13. Heathen Inferos

Heathen Inferos Getting There

Ratings:
    $99.99, or £89.99? Being British gives you a terrible ****ing deal. I’ll say this for the first time: f*** you, Rockstar, you ****ing ****s. I have to spend more money than an American (or anywhere else that uses dollars) simply because I’m British? That greed can f*** right off.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Gandalf61

Gandalf61 You Shall Not Pass! VIP Retired

Ratings:
    I doubt that Rockstar would adjust priced based on the exchange rates. If they did, they would have to change them every day!
    [doublepost=1544806511][/doublepost]just be glad that the DLC's are FREE! A lot of people forget that for most games, you have to pay for DLC updates (Think COD etc) Its the shark card/gold bars business that makes the DLCs free for the rest of us

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. leafspuck

leafspuck Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I havent check the canadian prices yet, but by this logic it sounds like we'd get the best deal because of our worthless loonie (dollar). legal pot and cheap gold, this country is startin to turn itself around :thumbsup:
    [doublepost=1544806842][/doublepost]Was an update released to the full online version now? or is this still the 5gb beta that i've started losing interest in?

16. Heathen Inferos

Heathen Inferos Getting There

Ratings:
    I have to pay the difference of £10. Even if the exchange rates did change afterwards, I would be fine. Shark Cards were $99.99 or £79.99 - which is bang on. I respect that they release DLCs for free, and have done from the start. I myself won’t actually purchase any micro transactions, but it’s still quite annoying. I’ll say I’m speaking for the general public of Brits.
    It’s still in the beta stage.

17. Eblade67

Eblade67 Coffin Dodger

Ratings:
    I couldn't care less if they charged us double!
    I would never spend anything on in game currency in any game.
    Let the games begin.

One thing I will say is that beta must end b4 Xmas if they now selling microtransactions.

I will continue to level up and buy what I need with in game cash.
    Most of the gold stuff is Shiite anyway lol

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rukhmar

Rukhmar Government!!!!

Ratings:
    Is 350 enough to buy a good horse and a decent amount of weapons or no?

19. kvgn

kvgn Newbie

Ratings:
    And this why we glitch

20. Eblade67

Eblade67 Coffin Dodger

Ratings:
    You seriously going to put real money in c* pocket :roflmao:
    Hang about I am sure glitches will appear.

• Like Like x 1