What's new

Show Off Rate?

Vette

Vette

Team Divine
Reaction score
Sin$
Today I was bored so I made this......thoughts? Now I know that there is copyrighted things but I am not going to use this for anything.
nwHTSVY.jpg

Last edited:
Knowledge

Knowledge

<3
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Looks like you've put the logo and bottle on top of a stock photo.

Vette

Vette

Team Divine
Reaction score
Sin$
Looks like you've put the logo and bottle on top of a stock photo.
No I just used a Gradient filter then took a stock water splash image made it red and put the logo and bottle with a reflection on top of that

Knowledge

Knowledge

<3
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
No I just used a Gradient filter then took a stock water splash image made it red and put the logo and bottle with a reflection on top of that
That may be what you have done however, it still looks like you've not done much. Adding something to help draw attention to the product or blending the logo into the BG more so than having it awkwardly in the foreground would improve this.

xVitalz

xVitalz

Keep Dreamin'
Hardened Veteran Mr. Nice Guy Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I'd say it does look simple but it also does look like an advertisement I'd expect to see from Gatorade. I will however say there are some quality issues. The bottle looks a bit blurry potentially due to a re-sizing issues. Additionally the reflection that it currently has is unnecessary given the fact that the splash covers most of the reflection. I'd recoomend a portion of the bottom of the bottle were covered by the splash effect. Lastly just to give a bit more kick to the splash it would have been cool to see it come out of the center of the G and over.

Screenshot_76_zpsxsfqfdpy.png

right in this spot

Vette

Vette

Team Divine
Reaction score
Sin$
I'd say it does look simple but it also does look like an advertisement I'd expect to see from Gatorade. I will however say there are some quality issues. The bottle looks a bit blurry potentially due to a re-sizing issues. Additionally the reflection that it currently has is unnecessary given the fact that the splash covers most of the reflection. I'd recoomend a portion of the bottom of the bottle were covered by the splash effect. Lastly just to give a bit more kick to the splash it would have been cool to see it come out of the center of the G and over.

Screenshot_76_zpsxsfqfdpy.png

right in this spot
ok and what would I have to use to do that, would It have to be 3d or would I just have to find a different splash picture?

xVitalz

xVitalz

Keep Dreamin'
Reaction score
Sin$
ok and what would I have to use to do that, would It have to be 3d or would I just have to find a different splash picture?
It would require some "advanced" ps techniques because the splash would have to be over the G Gatorade layer and then a mask would have to be applied on the splash layer. So that it is hidden on certain parts of the G and visible on others.

Vette

Vette

Team Divine
Reaction score
Sin$
It would require some "advanced" ps techniques because the splash would have to be over the G Gatorade layer and then a mask would have to be applied on the splash layer. So that it is hidden on certain parts of the G and visible on others.
yah I tried that but it shows the background

xVitalz

xVitalz

Keep Dreamin'
Reaction score
Sin$
yah I tried that but it shows the background
The mask button is a box with a circle inside of it like [O]. If you click that while you have the splash layer selected it'll add a box to the side of the preview image in the layer window. It'll be white, click that box and then with a black brush you can use it like an erase tool.

Vette

Vette

Team Divine
Reaction score
Sin$
Now I came up with this....
LNhqa1j.png

The mask button is a box with a circle inside of it like [O]. If you click that while you have the splash layer selected it'll add a box to the side of the preview image in the layer window. It'll be white, click that box and then with a black brush you can use it like an erase tool.
yes i did that

Krokodil

Krokodil

The World's Deadliest Drug
Reaction score
Sin$
I think it the bottle looks like you increased the contrast but that's just me. I would make the logo small and put it in the top right corner. Add lighting effects on this and is should work nicely.
Suggestions:
Your gradient seems a bit boring try making it more of what Gatorade really is. It's a sports drink. A soccer field and lighting would work well with this. (Please don't do this if you think you can't do it or don't like it). Emphasis the color red with lighting; so red glow to the bottle and white lighting on the middle top. Make it look like you're showcasing a new flavor or your best flavor.

Top Bottom
Login
Register