Reaction score
Looks like a pretty sweet build

M

Madman340

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
DAMN STRAIGHT YOU'RE GETTING THAT MOTHERBOARD. :cursing:

Personally I'd opt for 2 changes:
1. The PSU is overpowered, go for something like a Corsair 750w and put the money towards something else that will actually be of use.
2. The case would annoy the hell out of me with all of those lights, and also, there are numerous blue lights on MSI's 790FX, so a mesh-like case will display that very much so.

S

Smash250

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well easy fix for the case is unplug the led power lol and the reason I have the 1000w is for room to upgrade. I'll eventually get a 2nd 5850 which if crossfired will equal new Radeon HD 5970. I've always been a fan of Corsair memory but i was told G.Skill is better for gaming. Is that true?

M

Madman340

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
The Corsair 750w will easily handle 2 5850's. Also, by case lights I'm not talking about the HDD LED, I'm talking about LEDs embedded inside the case fans.

When it comes down to RAM, you can go so many different directions. Personally I see 'gaming RAM' as just another gimmick like huge VRAM numbers on cards.

Here's a PSU calculator. Considering the efficiency of Corsair PSUs, you could easily handle 4 of those cards. :wink:

S

Smash250

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, well that'll save me 50 or so $$ lol i'll go with an 850 only because it comes in a combo deal :tongue: Also the LED lights on the fans i think look cool haha. It won't bother me since at night it'll be off and the case is outta sight while playing. :biggrin:

Top Bottom