• Thread starter NakedZombo
  • Start date
  • Views 1,254
NakedZombo

theecoolguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I just recently built this PC. I don't game very much at all. I do a lot of video editing though.

1-10

specs.jpg
[/quote]

GENeTiCz xx

GENeTiCz xx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well since you stated it's for editing, and not gaming. I'll have to say you got a really good build. I'd have to say 8 probably. If it's for editing reasons. I would say buy a good 60gb SSD, and store all Editing programs that you use to the SSD. I would also say clone your OS to your SSD, and use it as your boot/primary drive (C:smile:.

Generation

Generation

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Solid. Even if you want to play new games, a GTX 560 ti will probably slice through 'em. Awesome bang-for-your-buck.

dMDzn

oRushez

Experienced Veteran Programmer Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
9/10, Great build, no need to over clock the processor or the graphics card. It would be a 10 if you thought about installing a SSD.

7s ragdoll

7s ragdoll

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Lovely build, i have that graphics card, except it's overclocked.

GENeTiCz xx

GENeTiCz xx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Dont buy a SSD if its not a gaming rig.

8/10

Sorry, but that's a stupid statement. There's plenty of reasons to buy an SSD. I love having my OS, PS, AE, and many other things installed on my SSD. My 1Tb Caviar Black doesn't get used too often besides minor things.

Raab

Raab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
SSD's are a waste of money unless you are a heavy gamer.
Theirs no point of buying a ssd for editing because nothing really requires a faster hard drive with editing,maybe if you had a ssd editing programs might only load like 1-10 seconds faster thats all.

Plus most ssd's are only around 100-200GB which would be terrible for editing because if you want to edit RAW footage and store videos you would want something like 500GB-2TB drives instead of 100GB

Are... Are you stupid? SSD's range from 8GB to a terabyte big. Having all your editing programs installed to an SSD will infact make it faster.

"SSD's are a waste of money unless you are a heavy gamer."

Get out now, seriously. If you're going to fill people's heads with idiotic statements, and false truths, you have no right to be here.

GENeTiCz xx

GENeTiCz xx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Theirs no point of buying a ssd for editing because nothing really requires a faster hard drive with editing,maybe if you had a ssd editing programs might only load like 1-10 seconds faster thats all.

Plus most ssd's are only around 100-200GB which would be terrible for editing because if you want to edit RAW footage and store videos you would want something like 500GB-2TB drives instead of 100GB
You sir fail with this statement. You obviously don't know how to properly use an SSD anyways. Storing footage on an SSD is stupid, b/c it'll shorten its' life span. PS opens up instantly for me, Sony Vegas opens up instantly, After Effects opens up instantly for me, ZBrush opens up instantly. Who wouldn't want their stuff to up instantly instead of having to wait 30 seconds to a minute. I know it's not a necessity or a must, but it's awesome to have one.

An SSD has many purposes, and uses other than just gaming.

DnB

DnB

Enthusiast
Donator Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$

Are you serious?!?! SSD's can be as big as normal hard drives, and will make your render times much faster, and make programs perform faster.

run632

run187-

Seasoned Member
Forum Addict Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$

That would be why you use another disk to store the data .it will be getting converted a hell of a lot faster,your pc will preform better,
Not many people could afford a 500-2tb ssd disk ,for example a 600 gig sdd costs 850 gbp ,that would be more than I paid for my entire system ,granted not a lot more but still it is to much for a hard drive .if I could be bothered to wip the side off my pc
And mess around getting a sata cable threw a small gap(I should of fitted them before I fitted my mother board ) I would buy a 60 ssd now just for my os.even gamer will need additional storage..

DnB

DnB

Enthusiast
Donator Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
It doesnt render videos faster.....................
That depends on your cpu or gpu...............................................

Sure other programs might load an extra 2-10 seconds faster but is it better paying an extra amount of money just for a couple of seconds?
Explain to me what you think you're video is being written to when it is rendering? Yes a SSD will speed up video rendering, perhaps by only a few seconds. But if he wants the best editing machine he can get then I would definitely get a SSD.

Top Bottom
Login
Register