• Start date
  • Views 553
Jeeper

Jeeper

Jeeper of Rivia
Seasoned Veteran Mr. Nice Guy Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Why the hell does Raptr even exist! It takes 10+ frames off of my game like geesh. Will AMD improve Raptr anytime soon?

DOTA

DOTA

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Raptr is just useless. Dont use it. Just dont.

My inbox gets spam all the time from them and I regret ever using it

Prefix_NA

Prefix_NA

Seasoned Member
Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Raptr is the same thing as geforce experience (They both suck) it will diminish performance if you leave the game recorder running disable plays.tv and it won't affect ur FPS, you can also disable the overlays and everything.

koopatroopa12

koopatroopa12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Geforce is actually somewhat useful I find, it might not be as good as tuning your game settings on your own, but its nice to use it to dumb down settings a little bit to find faster frame rates.

Jeeper

Jeeper

Jeeper of Rivia
Reaction score
Sin$
Geforce is actually somewhat useful I find, it might not be as good as tuning your game settings on your own, but its nice to use it to dumb down settings a little bit to find faster frame rates.
How so?

DWBDAKOTA

DWBDAKOTA

Psycho Insomniac
Reaction score
Sin$
it used to be alot better when there were actuality good rewards that was not play 1000000000 hours to get ponits

Jeeper

Jeeper

Jeeper of Rivia
Reaction score
Sin$
GTA has its own problems. Hopefully rockstar starts fixing all the stuttering issues.
Yeah man just tested it, and the GAME was going loco. Dropped me from 60 FPS steady to 10-45 FPS unsteadily.

Chazay

Chazay

Android
Retired
Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Donator Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah man just tested it, and the GAME was going loco. Dropped me from 60 FPS steady to 10-45 FPS unsteadily.
It used to be good at launch but they added a bunch of ****** drm to it over time and it just got worse and worse. Nothing you can do really.

Jeeper

Jeeper

Jeeper of Rivia
Reaction score
Sin$
It used to be good at launch but they added a bunch of ****** drm to it over time and it just got worse and worse. Nothing you can do really.
Testedmodz on YouTube who makes daily GTA V videos record ultra smooth 60 FPS gameplay with a GTX 970. I don't get it...maybe it's a Raptr bottleneck. Shadowplay seems better, but idk.

Chazay

Chazay

Android
Retired
Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Donator Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Testedmodz on YouTube who makes daily GTA V videos record ultra smooth 60 FPS gameplay with a GTX 970. I don't get it...maybe it's a Raptr bottleneck. Shadowplay seems better, but idk.
Which card do you have?

Prefix_NA

Prefix_NA

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$

Yeah its the fkn DRM.

I have a cracked version I think a few updates old and get no frame drops nor do any of my friends who pirated but all my friends who have the real game on nvidia + amd cards both say its got lots of frame drops on later updates lol.

Cracked version > Legit version. 

He doesn't look like constant 60 fps when I watch the vid he just records in 60fps. He has AA off (I can tell minimap looks like crap). And his video is from April the game used to run way better on older updates before the new DRM ****. He also has an i7 & no other applications running. Shadowplay is a bit less intensive than playstv I think but looks lower quality making it much worse imo but I just prefer OBS over all.

Try OBS instead of Raptr its generally a bit worse but I prefer the application. (Fully disable playstv on raptr by clicking on to off)

In OBS set it to save recordings to the HDD, set a location then just click start recording rather than stream.

OBS with VCE support (Updating will lose VCE support)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/235773/obsvce_2015-06-18_64bit.7z

Here is the quality of his shadowplay vid
EeH1SeQ.png

Draw distance is not maxed, I think he turned down population density, there is no AA (even FXAA), shadowplay makes it look super low quality, not constant 60fps, minimap is atroucious.

Last edited:
Jeeper

Jeeper

Jeeper of Rivia
Reaction score
Sin$
Which card do you have?
The glorious HD 7950 3GB Edition. 
Yeah its the fkn DRM.

I have a cracked version I think a few updates old and get no frame drops nor do any of my friends who pirated but all my friends who have the real game on nvidia + amd cards both say its got lots of frame drops on later updates lol.

Cracked version > Legit version. 

He doesn't look like constant 60 fps when I watch the vid he just records in 60fps. He has AA off (I can tell minimap looks like crap). And his video is from April the game used to run way better on older updates before the new DRM ****. He also has an i7 & no other applications running. Shadowplay is a bit less intensive than playstv I think but looks lower quality making it much worse imo but I just prefer OBS over all.

Try OBS instead of Raptr its generally a bit worse but I prefer the application. (Fully disable playstv on raptr by clicking on to off)

In OBS set it to save recordings to the HDD, set a location then just click start recording rather than stream.

OBS with VCE support (Updating will lose VCE support)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/235773/obsvce_2015-06-18_64bit.7z

Here is the quality of his shadowplay vid
EeH1SeQ.png

Draw distance is not maxed, I think he turned down population density, there is no AA (even FXAA), shadowplay makes it look super low quality, not constant 60fps, minimap is atroucious.
Thanks for this, it really cleared this up for me. I'll try OBS and then get back to you when I have my results. Also what the hell is "DRM".

VinnyHaw

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Mythical Veteran Trifecta End of the Year 2015
Reaction score
Sin$
Lol at everyone bashing Raptr. It's an awesome piece of software.

1 - Records high quality
2 - I never receive spam from it
3 - Optimizes my games for me
4 - Updates me on when new amd drivers are available
5 - Option to save the last 5 seconds to 24 minutes
6 - My performance has never been effected
7 - It's free

Prefix_NA

Prefix_NA

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
The glorious HD 7950 3GB Edition. 

Thanks for this, it really cleared this up for me. I'll try OBS and then get back to you when I have my results. Also what the hell is "DRM".

DRM = Digital rights management its like piracy protection. GTA has ****** DRM that has huge overhead.

Also try disabling overlay & hardware collection on raptr (also u can disable ads)

Top Bottom
Login
Register