Rapid Fire with DotHalo

Discussion in 'Halo 2 Modding Tutorials' started by merios, Jan 27, 2006 with 12 replies and 3,019 views.

1. merios

merios Guest

Ratings:
    Download software HERE

Many people think that you need H2X to make weapons fire fast, wrong. You can do it in DotHalo too.

First, select the map you want to apply it to.(For this example, i'm using Midship).

Then, go to Tags. Scroll down to the [weap] tag and click the + to expand it.

After that, scroll down and click objects\weapons\rifle\battle_rifle\battle_rifle.

Then, at the top of the screen, click Windows, then, Tag Editor.

*After that, scroll down to the Firing Type,click the drop-down menu and hit '0' then click 'fully automatic'. (You will need the new weap.xml plugin)

Then scroll down and click 'clip' and in the dropdown menu, click '0'. Then put the deplete ammo and the recharge ammo to 10000 (ten thousand), which makes it infinite.

Then, go to projectile, and in the dropdown menu, click '0'. Bullets per shot, 1. Minimum rate of fire, 15, maximum rate of fire, 15. Shots per burst 0, muzzle climb, 0, the two spread accuracy's have to be 0 (zero).
    __________________________________________________________________________________________

*Note: You HAVE to make the firing type 'fully automatic' or it won't work. Just go to google and go to a4h.us the website, it should have the updated weap.xml plugin, if not, search on google.

And voila, you should have an unlimited, fully automatic Battle Rifle for Midship. (This works on any map.)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2018
  2. gdrake15

gdrake15 Newbie

Ratings:
    good job thanks but one question where can i get the new weapon plugin

3. Garbazio

Garbazio Enthusiast

Ratings:
    there in the Modding Programs section>Plugins

4. gdrake15

gdrake15 Newbie

Ratings:
  5. OP
    merios

merios Guest

Ratings:
    Yeah, No problem. I put up this tut to help people understand that they don't need to go everywhere to find H2X, like I couldn't find it, so I tinkered around and did it. Oh, sorry about not putting up the link to the plugin.. I didn't have the time and I had to go to a concert that day..

6. Ca$h

Ca$h VIP VIP

Ratings:
    it is in antmans pack....

7. OP
    merios

merios Guest

Ratings:
    It wouldn't load, it was missing something, probably a .dll on my part.

8. .evolution

.evolution Enthusiast

Ratings:
    or u can have the pluging where u can just click a box that says fully auto and bam its fully auto

9. OP
    merios

merios Guest

Ratings:
    That is the plugin i'm talking about, but that only makes it to where you hold down the button and it continually fires.

10. phoenix739

phoenix739 Newbie

Ratings:
    hey i did excactly what u said and every time i pick up the battle rifle the game freezes wtf

11. digitalhigh

digitalhigh VIP VIP Retired

Ratings:
    So, I'm pretty sure that this doesn't work. If I go into dothalo, select the br tag from the weap section, and go to firing type, and make that 0 for fully automatic, save the changes and close the map; the next time I open the map, it still has 3 checked for the br's firing type. I think you're mistaken, or just haven't tried what your telling ppl to do. Either that, or I need your weap plugin.

12. VinnyHaw

VinnyHaw Premium Premium

Ratings:
    do you still need the weapon plugin?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  13. VinnyHaw

VinnyHaw Premium Premium

Ratings:
    OP Updated with link to software