Rapid Fire controller help

Discussion in 'PC Support Archive' started by I Doughboy, Dec 14, 2008 with 10 replies and 117 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Doughboy

I Doughboy Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Ok, so I thought I'd go ahead and make a rapid fire controller just for fun. I am using a wireless controller with the old matrix board. I attached the wires in the correct place on the board and connected them to the button correctly. I drilled my whole and everything is working fine... Or so I think. When I put the controller back together and turn it on, it connects for about 5 seconds or so and then the rings start spinning like its trying to connect to the xbox. Then after about 10 or so seconds it connects again. Then it starts spinning again and so on. So its connecting and dissconecting constently making game play imposible. This only happens when I have the controller completly assembled. When I don't have the face with all the buttons screwed on it works perfectly, no dissconecting or anything. Also, when I was sodering the wire to the light I accidently sodered the light off, so its just the wire and no light. I don't think this is the problem however because it works with just a wire and no light when the controller face isn't on there. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong, or the cause of this?

2. punkskater2448

punkskater2448 Taking Over The World Retired

Ratings:
    Here is what you need to do. Open the controller, remove the sync button. I have had this problem with every rapid fire controller I have made. Removing the sync button from the controller shell seems to solve it for me.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    I Doughboy

Ratings:
  4. TuBbY BuNnY

TuBbY BuNnY Contributor

Ratings:
  5. punkskater2448

punkskater2448 Taking Over The World Retired

Ratings:
    Oh....my....gosh.. that is sooooo much solder.

6. OP
    I Doughboy

Ratings:
    Ok, my led 1 doesn't let me solder the wire to it anymore. Can I solder the wire to any other lights?

7. TuBbY BuNnY

TuBbY BuNnY Contributor

Ratings:
    I know, I didn't mean to put that much on but the new tip I got so hot I forgot to pull the solder away :tongue:

8. OP
    I Doughboy

Ratings:
  9. OP
    I Doughboy

Ratings:
    Punkskater, I just wanted to say thanks for helping me with this problem. It was the sync button like you said. So again I say thank you, and I am thanking you the proper way. :thumbup: Sorry for the delay in post.

10. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    wow, I would just like to say it's because of a short on the sync button that could be easily fixed whilst keeping the functionality intact :wink:

11. OP
    I Doughboy

Ratings:
    The controller still works... It works perfectly...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.