• Thread starter Adam Gallagher
  • Start date
  • Views 1,545
Adam Gallagher

Adam Gallagher

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
hi i have recently bought a rgh2.0 xbox and i go to use it this morning and it keeps crashing randomly... no clue why.... just poweres off no warrnings.

Adam Gallagher

Adam Gallagher

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Remove hard drive and check if it's still crashing on u.
hi i hve tested this now for a whil an it seems that with the hd in it will crash and with out the hd it wors fine and does not crash...

any advise on how to resolve this issue?

2liftheavy

2liftheavy

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Could be a file(s) that are on your hdd, or your hdd could be failing
You can transfer everything from your hdd to another, and then try it

Videogamedingus

Videogamedingus

aesthetic
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Loose cables sink ships or something like that. Maybe it's a bad HDD? What kind of stuff are you running on it?

Adam Gallagher

Adam Gallagher

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Loose cables sink ships or something like that. Maybe it's a bad HDD? What kind of stuff are you running on it?
Could be a file(s) that are on your hdd, or your hdd could be failing
You can transfer everything from your hdd to another, and then try it
this issue was not happening yesterday..... just today....

moonstone_77

moonstone_77

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If it works without the HDD. Then there's something on the HDD corrupt or it could be failing like in other post. So what were u doing before it started shutting off such as did u put any games, files,folders or saves or programs on it before. If so think what it could be as it could be va corrupt file of some sort. If it is delete the last thing u put on there when it was working OK. And also make a copy of the HDD onto ur pc .

Adam Gallagher

Adam Gallagher

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If it works without the HDD. Then there's something on the HDD corrupt or it could be failing like in other post. So what were u doing before it started shutting off such as did u put any games, files,folders or saves or programs on it before. If so think what it could be as it could be va corrupt file of some sort. If it is delete the last thing u put on there when it was working OK. And also make a copy of the HDD onto ur pc .
i have done nothing diffrent just powered it on as normal, just tested it their lasted 4min 02 sec....

moonstone_77

moonstone_77

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
When you said earlier it does not crash without the HDD. Then that suggests its a HDD fault. Try a different HDD and just install the programs u need such as fsd or aurora dashlaunch xexmenu the basics see what happens or repair the HDD scan/format

Adam Gallagher

Adam Gallagher

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If nothing important is on the hard drive just reformat and start over again, could be also cause by plugins
When you said earlier it does not crash without the HDD. Then that suggests its a HDD fault. Try a different HDD and just install the programs u need such as fsd or aurora dashlaunch xexmenu the basics see what happens or repair the HDD scan/format
ok well first: i am very new to modding and bought this rgh from a guy.... so have no clue what i need to download or where to get it or how to do it....

2nd: i have a spare 250GB hdd so i cn do all of the above on that as i know that is fully working. Can you please advise further on how to start this?

Shoe

Shoe

♛COTM July 2016♛
Hidden Devils
CotM FotM Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
ok well first: i am very new to modding and bought this rgh from a guy.... so have no clue what i need to download or where to get it or how to do it....

2nd: i have a spare 250GB hdd so i cn do all of the above on that as i know that is fully working. Can you please advise further on how to start this?

If you truly have no clue what you doing please and i mean watch this asap before you brick it.

and watch them all.

moonstone_77

moonstone_77

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Before u do anything watch the videos

Just take old hard drive out of the rgh. Then take it out of the black case. Insert the spare 250gb into the black case then back into the rgh.
Power on the rgh and it will detect the new HDD (mine did) then tell it to configure or format the HDD. It may ask you for a serial number(I'm saying this cos mine asked me for one)
The serial number it is asking for is inside the Xbox. Just where the front USB ports are behind the flap. Push the flap and ur serial number is there. Enter that then follow onscreen prompts. Then from there watch these videos in this link they are brilliant as they show you how to set everything up

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLn7ji3VsPy3G08cHNCHyT4Yj-WWYhw8D7

Adam Gallagher

Adam Gallagher

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you truly have no clue what you doing please and i mean watch this asap before you brick it.

and watch them all.

ok i will start watching them, this is gona take a while. lol 
also i have xbls active atm...i have 3 days left and they are counting down how do i stop this count down?

moonstone_77

moonstone_77

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ok i will start watching them, this is gona take a while. lol 
also i have xbls active atm...i have 3 days left and they are counting down how do i stop this count down?
Not sure about xbls maybe other users can help with this sorry. Yes it will take awhile watching the videos but like shoe said its 100% worth it that's how I started good luck let us know how you get on with it

Adam Gallagher

Adam Gallagher

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Not sure about xbls maybe other users can help with this sorry. Yes it will take awhile watching the videos but like shoe said its 100% worth it that's how I started good luck let us know how you get on with it
i will do, thanks so much for all the help guys, if anyone could let me know about xbls would be greatfull!

Adam Gallagher

Adam Gallagher

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes it will, the thing is it will be 100% worth it. I've never had a rgh and i can still help people out.
Before u do anything watch the videos

Just take old hard drive out of the rgh. Then take it out of the black case. Insert the spare 250gb into the black case then back into the rgh.
Power on the rgh and it will detect the new HDD (mine did) then tell it to configure or format the HDD. It may ask you for a serial number(I'm saying this cos mine asked me for one)
The serial number it is asking for is inside the Xbox. Just where the front USB ports are behind the flap. Push the flap and ur serial number is there. Enter that then follow onscreen prompts. Then from there watch these videos in this link they are brilliant as they show you how to set everything up

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLn7ji3VsPy3G08cHNCHyT4Yj-WWYhw8D7

and watch them all.

Any help guys?

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/horizon-offline.1532786/

Top Bottom
Login
Register