Random BSOD

• Thread starter Icebreaker315
  • Start date
  • Views 208
I

Icebreaker315

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Se7ensins. First off I know someone previously mentioned in another post that blue screen errors should be discussed in the tech center section but...there are litterally no posts in there at all when I clicked on it...so here I am. But now for the issue. Lately I've been getting this really random BSOD that will just pop up out of nowhere. The error name is "memory management" and the bug check code in the stop code is 0x0000001a. Apparently, in Blue Screen view, it says the problem has been caused by ntoskrnl.exe. When it does happen, the computer will freeze for a second and immediatly go to the BSOD. Then the computer restarts itself and life goes on as if it didn't happen. I'm running Windows 7 home premium and have not had many crashes on this computer if that means anything. Like I said, the crash is completely random and unpredictable. It's crashed with the same circumstances about three times. Sometimes it could not do it for a month then suddenly crash. I doubt this is a deadly threat but it is kind of annoying to play a crash guessing game with my computer. So can anyone shed some light on the subject and at least tell me what it's all about?

W

Wheen

Bytesexual
Retired
Reaction score
This is the correct place for such posts. Whoever told you that was dead wrong. There isn't even a "Tech Center" forum.

As for the actual problem, error code 1a often points to a bad stick of RAM. You may wanna run Memtest for a while to help diagnose the problem.

I

Icebreaker315

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Yeah I think i'll do that, see what happens.

Top Bottom