Solved Random Blackscreen (H2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
19XX

19XX

Modder Hardened Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Alright so my friend randomly Blackscreens on Halo2...it doesn't happen when we enter a game of any other Halo. Just when we're playing H2...Which sucks because all we wanna play is H2. Anybody know why? He's reset his connection, Xbox, NAT is open. It doesn't make sense why it's only in H2.

Any ideas?

Extinct

Extinct

絶滅
Super Moderators
Content Team
Bug Finder Frame In Gold Glitcher
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Alright so my friend randomly Blackscreens on Halo2...it doesn't happen when we enter a game of any other Halo. Just when we're playing H2...Which sucks because all we wanna play is H2. Anybody know why? He's reset his connection, Xbox, NAT is open. It doesn't make sense why it's only in H2.

Any ideas?
I had a weird glitched out screen yesterday while playing Halo 2. It might just be in the game or maybe somethings wrong with his disc. Try telling him to reinstall it maybe?

Upvote 0
19XX

19XX

Modder Hardened Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I had a weird glitched out screen yesterday while playing Halo 2. It might just be in the game or maybe somethings wrong with his disc. Try telling him to reinstall it maybe?

He's got the digital version. We gameshared.

Are you sure they aren't being Ddos'd? (Host booted)

Wouldn't that effect more than just H2? He plays any game just fine, it's only H2 that messes up. He'll be playing with no lag or anything and then he'll randomly get put on Blackscreen but nobody else in our game does.

Upvote 0
badstrafe

badstrafe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
That's really common, has been since OG H2, only back then instead of a 'black screen' they'd be in a 'Please Wait' blue screen.
It's a matter of his connection, if somebodies got bad NAT, or is using wireless, or possibly someone on their end producing lag (Streaming HD, torrents, etc.) You'll get hiccups like that. I bounce a lot with friends, and everytime only the one specific guys gets an occasional blackscreen.

Try running a ping test to the close major cities were you both live. My mate lives in LA, and I'm near Detroit, so we're usually running 90-100 ping just to connect to each other. That happens to be the sweet spot for these hiccups to occur, any higher and you'll just get lagg, and disconnects.

Upvote 0
Extinct

Extinct

絶滅
Super Moderators
Content Team
Bug Finder Frame In Gold Glitcher
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
He's got the digital version. We gameshared.

Wouldn't that effect more than just H2? He plays any game just fine, it's only H2 that messes up. He'll be playing with no lag or anything and then he'll randomly get put on Blackscreen but nobody else in our game does.
I'd still try to reinstall it then when he has time. Also look at this post I quoted below.

That's really common, has been since OG H2, only back then instead of a 'black screen' they'd be in a 'Please Wait' blue screen.
It's a matter of his connection, if somebodies got bad NAT, or is using wireless, or possibly someone on their end producing lag (Streaming HD, torrents, etc.) You'll get hiccups like that. I bounce a lot with friends, and everytime only the one specific guys gets an occasional blackscreen.

Try running a ping test to the close major cities were you both live. My mate lives in LA, and I'm near Detroit, so we're usually running 90-100 ping just to connect to each other. That happens to be the sweet spot for these hiccups to occur, any higher and you'll just get lagg, and disconnects.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register