• Start date
  • Views 967
Ecko_1223

Ecko_1223

This motto is the bee's knees
Reporter Services Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Let's get a thread going that can actually help people who struggle with raids. A lot of us have amazing tips on completing sections of the raids, so let's share them and help people out.

Please post your tips so i can update the thread to help others, thanks.

Crota's End

Lamps:
Tip 1
If you're struggling with the lamps, a good way is to run around in circles when at a lamp. As silly as it sounds, it helps you out so much. When at a lamp, move away and start to run a big circle while still around the lamp. That's how i manage it. I've managed to do this with a warlock on a level 32 raid, and got all way through.

Deathsinger:
Tip 1
Before starting this section of the raid, use a warlock and throw two sunsinger grenades where the wizards are above the crystal. It should hurt them, and instead of you needing to go into the rooms to draw them out, they come out on there own. Make sure to heard to the bottom right left and right tower so you can easily kill them.

Tip 2
II{-_-}II's Tip: On hard mode I actually prefer not to use the grenade method to lure out the wizards anymore either. If you use the grenades the wizards are unpredictable, sometimes going under the bridge area. It saved time on normal, but IMO it's easier now to just have people wait in the boomer towers, lure out the wizards and snipe or rocket them right when they come out. If everyone is actually participating like they should be, the wizards will get stunned right as they exit and get killed before they can pull any tricks.

Invisible hunter is easiest way to kill the shrieker on the side where all the enemies stay on (left side from spawn) and the other side is a joke since the enemies rarely go over there for some reason. I like to have everyone group up on the side with no enemies once the shriekers are down and pick off a few knights inside until the 30 second timer starts and ir yut freezes. People get killed more often if you just rush right to Ir Yut and go up on top the doors. Nobody should be dead before the liturgy unless it was during a shrieker kill. There's one boomer on each side that can be a pain, but again if all 6 people are pulling weight, they can easily be put down before or during the 2 wizard kills.

Vault Of Glass

Oracles - Templar Section:
Tip 1
When you're onto shooting the oracles. The best way for me and my friends to do this section, is to just wipe so your entire team starts on the top rock so you're looking down on all the oracles. All you do is just snipe the oracles, leaving you at a safe distance and easy way. There's one oracle that's hard to hit, and it's the one where the door is going through to the next area on the right. There's many safe places for one person to stay and shoot that certain oracle.

Templar - Templar Section:
Tip 1
Our best method for this part, is similar to the oracles tip. You have the majority of the team on the top area shooting, and have one guy who's good with the relic, down at the bottom shooting the templar's shields.

Last edited:
ColdK1ller86

ColdK1ller86

4d 79 20 4e 61 6d 65 20 49 73 20 53 69 6d 6f 6e
Reaction score
Sin$
Good idea i will be watching closely :wink:

slvrndblck34

slvrndblck34

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Let's get a thread going that can actually help people who struggle with raids. A lot of us have amazing tips on completing sections of the raids, so let's share them and help people out.

Any tips that are really good and useful, i'll add to the OP.

Crota's End

Lamps -
Tip 1
If you're struggling with the lamps, a good way is to run around in circles when at a lamp. As silly as it sounds, it helps you out so much. When at a lamp, move away and start to run a big circle while still around the lamp. That's how i manage it. I've managed to do this with a warlock on a level 32 raid, and got all way through.

Deathsinger -
Tip 1
Before starting this section of the raid, use a warlock and throw two sunsinger grenades where the wizards are above the crystal. It should hurt them, and instead of you needing to go into the rooms to draw them out, they come out on there own.
I have also done the running in circles, it works and it fun, what I found about the solar grenades on the death singer it makes the wishes go all over the place, like by the oager room

Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Tip for people using the solar grenades method in the deathsinger part, wizards will usually wander off to the tower ( ogre spawn ) so if you're waiting for the to come out they might as well be below you
You can also use striker titan pulse grenade for this

Life

Life

Graphics Are Life
Artist Reporter A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
I could honestly hell anyone that's on the Xbox One. I have a level 32 and I breeze through mostly every raid now. Just message me if you find your self stuck.

CHICK3NSHRIMP

CHICK3NSHRIMP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Your top for death singer is no good. It actually ends of slower with far greater risk because the wizard runs down to the bottom. The boomers then smack to constantly while trying to kill the wizard.

Your first tip isn't bad. But as a blade dancer with the "don't touch me" gauntlets I can solo it. Along with probably any other blade dancer.

I've seen a warlock solo it with just booking it the whole way hardly stopping for anything.

I've seen a titan solo it with ward of dawn. Started the bridge. Popped the bubble and just meleed all the thrall as the we're stunned and had another bubble ready to go before that one ended.

iConroy

iConroy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
As long as you have a team that knows whats going on it should go well

dr moke

dr moke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
To solo bridge - stand on centre pad for a second and kill the swordbeaerer.

Grab sword then sprint & jump where the bridge would spawn as high as possible; at around halfway/ three quarters down the bridge turn left and aim for the rocks.

Keep swiping left/right and work your way up the rock; when your close to the top jump up and sword onto the other side.

Then make your way to centre back where you enter thrallway and pick off the witch then ogres.

Takes a bit of practise but I managed to solo it 4-5 times concurrently with no issues. (sword jump worked for both warlock and titan)

Ecko_1223

Ecko_1223

Reaction score
Sin$
Your top for death singer is no good. It actually ends of slower with far greater risk because the wizard runs down to the bottom. The boomers then smack to constantly while trying to kill the wizard.

Your first tip isn't bad. But as a blade dancer with the "don't touch me" gauntlets I can solo it. Along with probably any other blade dancer.

I've seen a warlock solo it with just booking it the whole way hardly stopping for anything.

I've seen a titan solo it with ward of dawn. Started the bridge. Popped the bubble and just meleed all the thrall as the we're stunned and had another bubble ready to go before that one ended.

When me and a friend did it, we threw the grenades then ran to the boomer areas. The wizards didn't come close to us

II{-_-}II

II{-_-}II

esoteric
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
When me and a friend did it, we threw the grenades then ran to the boomer areas. The wizards didn't come close to us
On hard mode I actually prefer not to use the grenade method to lure out the wizards anymore either. If you use the grenades the wizards are unpredictable, sometimes going under the bridge area. It saved time on normal, but IMO it's easier now to just have people wait in the boomer towers, lure out the wizards and snipe or rocket them right when they come out. If everyone is actually participating like they should be, the wizards will get stunned right as they exit and get killed before they can pull any tricks.

Invisible hunter is easiest way to kill the shrieker on the side where all the enemies stay on (left side from spawn) and the other side is a joke since the enemies rarely go over there for some reason. I like to have everyone group up on the side with no enemies once the shriekers are down and pick off a few knights inside until the 30 second timer starts and ir yut freezes. People get killed more often if you just rush right to Ir Yut and go up on top the doors. Nobody should be dead before the liturgy unless it was during a shrieker kill. There's one boomer on each side that can be a pain, but again if all 6 people are pulling weight, they can easily be put down before or during the 2 wizard kills.

Ecko_1223

Ecko_1223

Reaction score
Sin$
On hard mode I actually prefer not to use the grenade method to lure out the wizards anymore either. If you use the grenades the wizards are unpredictable, sometimes going under the bridge area. It saved time on normal, but IMO it's easier now to just have people wait in the boomer towers, lure out the wizards and snipe or rocket them right when they come out. If everyone is actually participating like they should be, the wizards will get stunned right as they exit and get killed before they can pull any tricks.

Well, i'll add your tip. More the merrier.

Ecko_1223

Ecko_1223

Reaction score
Sin$
To solo bridge - stand on centre pad for a second and kill the swordbeaerer.

Grab sword then sprint & jump where the bridge would spawn as high as possible; at around halfway/ three quarters down the bridge turn left and aim for the rocks.

Keep swiping left/right and work your way up the rock; when your close to the top jump up and sword onto the other side.

Then make your way to centre back where you enter thrallway and pick off the witch then ogres.

Takes a bit of practise but I managed to solo it 4-5 times concurrently with no issues. (sword jump worked for both warlock and titan)

That's a decent cheese but a good tip to doing it legit would be a little bit better mate.

ManBearPig06

ManBearPig06

The Shiroyasha
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
How are they hitting you? When I do it, I run straight to the bottom of the stairs, and the wizard is just coming out of the door, waiting for me to annihilate it, I've never seen a boomer shoot me while I was down there, only once I go onto the higher platforms. Trying to go into the room to lure them out first is far more risky, with tons of enemies filing into the room behind you trying to kill you and blocking your exit, this way you only have to deal with one single enemy (wizard) before running in and destroying the shrieker.

CHICK3NSHRIMP

CHICK3NSHRIMP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
How are they hitting you? When I do it, I run straight to the bottom of the stairs, and the wizard is just coming out of the door, waiting for me to annihilate it, I've never seen a boomer shoot me while I was down there, only once I go onto the higher platforms. Trying to go into the room to lure them out first is far more risky, with tons of enemies filing into the room behind you trying to kill you and blocking your exit, this way you only have to deal with one single enemy (wizard) before running in and destroying the shrieker.
I lure left wizard Every time. There's only 1 enemy you have to worry about and thats 1 boomer. I never get hit by anyone else and I find it quicker to lure that way then jump into the boomers tower snipe the wizard then continue.

II{-_-}II

II{-_-}II

esoteric
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
So your talking about normal or you just always go to the easy side where there's no enemies? Staying on the bottom with the harder side is almost a sure death.

ManBearPig06

ManBearPig06

The Shiroyasha
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
So your talking about normal or you just always go to the easy side where there's no enemies? Staying on the bottom with the harder side is almost a sure death.
Hard mode, and who said anything about staying. The wizards go down in seconds, unless for some reason you're trying it with just one person attacking each wizard...

dubuddaman

dubuddaman

Enthusiast
Frame In Gold 10th Anniversary Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$

If we are doing this to beat it and on hard, I always do this. I always pull the left (This is the side before running out) wizard out with my grenade. I have no issues with the wizard coming out. I get 2 Gjallarhorn's on the wizard then finish with a few rounds from the fang on the bottom, then I go in and clear the shrieker. I do this by myself 99% of the time. This is the hard side, but if I go fast enough it is not a problem. Then I haul a$$ over to the right boomer tower to either help with the wizard, but usually the knight(s)

II{-_-}II

II{-_-}II

esoteric
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
If we are doing this to beat it and on hard, I always do this. I always pull the left (This is the side before running out) wizard out with my grenade. I have no issues with the wizard coming out. I get 2 Gjallarhorn's on the wizard then finish with a few rounds from the fang on the bottom, then I go in and clear the shrieker. I do this by myself 99% of the time. This is the hard side, but if I go fast enough it is not a problem. Then I haul a$$ over to the right boomer tower to either help with the wizard, but usually the knight(s)
Think he's saying he prefers fighting the wizards from the bottom instead of going on top the bridge or boomer tower just seems to me there is a much higher chance of someone dieing. Using the grenades or running inside to lure them out, works both ways, just seems to me from what I've seen people die less often when you don't throw the grenades up and use the top of bridge or boomer spawn, but we've obviously beat it both ways.

dubuddaman

dubuddaman

Enthusiast
Frame In Gold 10th Anniversary Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Think he's saying he prefers fighting the wizards from the bottom instead of going on top the bridge or boomer tower just seems to me there is a much higher chance of someone dieing. Using the grenades or running inside to lure them out, works both ways, just seems to me from what I've seen people die less often when you don't throw the grenades up and use the top of bridge or boomer spawn, but we've obviously beat it both ways.

Agreed, Plus it also depends on how you are getting up to the boomer tower. Some people like to run up the stairs then flip around and run back towards the tower. Need to run to the rocks that the sword runner just up to Scrota from and then jump to the tower. I usually will kill the Wizard from the lower entrance of the boomer tower (Ogre Spawn), if I don't jump up to the tower. I will only jump up to the tower if someone else has specified they are going to get the Shrieker. When we play 9 times out of 10 I will stay low. I go left you go right. Right has a different method than left. I never pull the wizard from the right unless that side wants the wizard out.

Top Bottom
Login
Register