Dismiss Notice

Guest,
We are celebrating 14 years since the inception of Se7enSins! Join us in our celebrations!

Support R4i 3DS WiFi help needed

Discussion in 'Nintendo 3DS' started by Mercyxx76xx, Jul 22, 2016 with 1 replies and 519 views.

1. Mercyxx76xx

Mercyxx76xx Newbie

Ratings:
    Hi all,

I have just bought from eBay a R4i 3DS WiFi card, I put it in my Nintendo 2DSI XL (which should be compatible), I see when I switch on it and get to the main screen I see the "The Chronicals or Narnia Prince Caspian Disney Interactive Studios, now from the research I have done it states to load this up and it will take me to a screen that allows me to update it. When I do this I get An error has occurred, Press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Nintendo DSI Operations Manual for details. I have tried downloading the latest update from here r4i-sdhc and also tried Wood_R4iGold_V1.64 and that does the same thing.

Can anyone help me please, The Nintendo DSI XL is on version 1.4.5e if this helps, again with research every should be compatible.

Thank You Mercedes xx

2. reddragon105

reddragon105 Newbie

Ratings:
    What are you trying to update exactly? Because it sounds like you're trying to update the card's firmware/kernel even though you said it should be compatible. If the card isn't compatible with 1.4.5E then you're not going to be able to update it to make it compatible with 1.4.5E on that console - you'll need to put the card in a DSI on lower firmware or a DS or a compatible 3DS to update it. Bit of a catch-22, I know, but that's how it has to be done.

What card do you have, exactly? (Haven't heard of the R4i 3DS WiFi) And where and when did you buy it? Did it say it should be compatible with a DSI on 1.4.5E?

It could also be the SD card - try doing a full format on it and copy the firmware files over to do a fresh install, and also try with a different card in case the one you're using is faulty.