What's new

Question R3R22 pad completely ripped, any hope of saving this?

ArrowLynx

ArrowLynx

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello! I'm new to RGH and Xbox in general, I tried to mod a Xbox 360 trinity board and I did so with very little sleep and a lot of excitement, which has proven to be a mistake:
z7zOSDD.jpg

As told by the schematic, from what I understand, this pad comes from the SB and onto R3R19? And as such, I think my conclusion was that it's pretty much not saveable, but I'm posting this here just to be sure.

As expected, the console just red lights on startup.

Any insight would be helpful, I'm looking into giving this another go with better tools (I used really crappy wire and I had basically no lighting, using my phone as a "microscope" and very novice soldering skills). I was undoing the SMC wire to troubleshoot my console not turning on and I was too quick to pull the wire from the pad without desoldering it properly, that caused it to rip.

Thank you so much for reading!

- Arrow

Last edited:
ArrowLynx

ArrowLynx

Reaction score
Sin$
Might as well update this thread with my journey so if I find anything, it could hopefully help someone else:

Slowly chipping away at the damage I did to the board at home, I definitely need more seat time and better equipment with soldering.

Poked around the SMC_POST pad that had nothing on it and eventually some solder decided to stick, and so I tried to rebuild some sort of pad and ran a wire across to R3R19, following the Trinity board Schematic:

Upon better inspection with better equipment, I also realized that I damaged the pad on C5R35 as well, which I am in the process of rebuilding as the caps, according to the schematic, are in paralel here. Seeking out replacement caps as soon as I can.

Current status of the Xbox: Still red lights, it is also flashed, but not hardware glitched, so I wonder if that could be what is causing it.

Will keep updating the thread if any more progress is made, but replies are appreciated, thank you!

- Arrow
Post automatically merged:

Another update: I just confirmed that the GPU_RST_DONE_R pad fix is in fact working, through boardview, I identified another GPU_RST_DONE_R pad and after continuity testing, it passes.

Better picture of the trace fix:
Picture of the alternative GPU_RST_DONE_R pad used for testing:

I'm still not hopeful for a full fix, I may be missing some voltages and I have yet to fix the decoupling caps I destroyed near C5R35, but if there's any progress, I will be updating this thread.

Thanks for reading.

- Arrow

Last edited:
Lucky

Lucky

HYX's stamp of approval!
Super Moderators
Premium
Scaling the Mountain Beginning of An Odyssey Bright Idea
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Current status of the Xbox: Still red lights, it is also flashed, but not hardware glitched, so I wonder if that could be what is causing it.
Revert back to the retail nand entirely and remove any wiring you may have done. Unless flashed means disc drive flashes, then shouldn’t matter.
Any wiring and or XeLL nand remnants can potentially cause red dot issues.
I’ve done my fair share of whoopsies on consoles, I’ve probably pulled this exact point. I’ll have to check my notes to see if there’s an alt point or if it must be repaired.

I definitely need more seat time and better equipment with soldering.
I have like a $20 solder from Amazon I use on my own personal consoles, it does the job but it’s definitely not the best. Having an iron with variable temperature control + an output screen for the temperatures makes it a ton easier. For seat time, I would recommend picking up a phat console off of eBay (a falcon or jasper. Easier of the phats to obtain and will happily take rgh1.2.) you should be able to score one without wires for fairly inexpensive, sub $40 inexpensive even.
The phat points are a little bit easier to solder to, except one point can be a royal pain in the butt. I forget the exact point but I know it has an alt point on the underside of board that can take a good bit more heat before the pad gets damaged.

Top Bottom
Login
Register