What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Discussion Quickscoping

• Thread starter damiz716
  • Start date
  • Views 697
D

damiz716

Reaction score
Sin$
I've been trying to quickscope for a while now, but just can't seem to get good at it.
anyone have any tips to help me out or know any good ways to practice?

thanks -damiz :wink:

michael1026

michael1026

Forum Addict Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
I would quick scope with you and help you but I have a new account. I don't even have slight of hand pro yet ):

D

damiz716

Reaction score
Sin$
If you do get it, send me an invite or message GT: damiz716 and i'll try it out.

thanks

Viva La Carter

Viva La Carter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
if you are running while trying to do it your accuracy drops.
so a thing i learned is that i let go of the left stick right before i shoot so im not moving :smile:

T

ThemanDupri

Blow Some Trees
Reaction score
Sin$
I also had a question about it, do you zoom in all the way or shoot right before you have zoomed all the way. Can't quite get the hang of it either =(

jon5353

jon5353

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I usually click the left thumbstick when I QS. Most of the time I don't, but if it helps use it. I also hate the use of steady aim when quickscoping/noscoping as it makes it easier and imo, takes no skill. I use Ninja Pro. It is quite helpful in a 1v1 against someone with a good headset (turtle beach, astros). Most of my friends use steady aim, so when I 1v1, it is quite simple to win as I use turtlebeach's. One of my overall basic tips, don't try to add flair and such (Jedi, 360, Y-Y, etc.) when you quickscope as a beginner. Get the hang of it, and maybe at some point you'll get the hang of it

O

oI KRaZe Io

Reaction score
Sin$
I usually click the left thumbstick when I QS. Most of the time I don't, but if it helps use it. I also hate the use of steady aim when quickscoping/noscoping as it makes it easier and imo, takes no skill. I use Ninja Pro. It is quite helpful in a 1v1 against someone with a good headset (turtle beach, astros). Most of my friends use steady aim, so when I 1v1, it is quite simple to win as I use turtlebeach's. One of my overall basic tips, don't try to add flair and such (Jedi, 360, Y-Y, etc.) when you quickscope as a beginner. Get the hang of it, and maybe at some point you'll get the hang of it

lolwtf is Jedi? never heard of that one...

I also had a question about it, do you zoom in all the way or shoot right before you have zoomed all the way. Can't quite get the hang of it either =(
when you see the inside of your scope, shoot, and then let go of LT. need help, my GT: o Lucid x

iTzTECHKiNG

iTzTECHKiNG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Wanna practice quickscoping?

Send me a Message on XBL :biggrin:
GT: Unknown90c (That's my brother's account)

I

IxSPAWNxKILL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Heres my tips for quick scoping.
1. Don't make it look like a kill cam. Kill cams are NOT accurate and they mis-portray the game.
2. When quickscoping, center your target as best as you can in the center of your crosshairs.
3. As soon as you go to shoot, completely let go of the left stick. (this is to make sure you're not moving) Start to pull LT to zoom in.
4. Now you have about 1/2 a second to aim completely at your target. Pull the right trigger to fire and unzoom
Most quickscopers will already have their target centered and really have no need to correct their aim any further. If they do correct it this is called a drag scope, depending on the severity of the correction.

This is my test quality vid, but it gives you an idea of what a quick scope looks like first hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvZBNESRhb8

Remember to + if this helps

MSG me on XBL if you wanna practice. GT :IxSPAWNxKILL

D

damiz716

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for all the tips, but i have a small question that just about everybody seems to ask about this. Do you wait until you see the crosshairs to shoot, or do you shoot while the scope is still gray? I have a friend who i always thought was really good at quickscoping, but now when other people play with him they say he takes too long to shoot, even though he shoots right as the crosshairs appear.

Also, don't you love it when that happens? (part of a person sticks through a wall so you can shoot them)

thanks -damiz

also v2.0, if you are online and want to do some quickscopes send me a message on GT: damiz716.

S

SiL3NTxKiLL

Reaction score
Sin$
1. Practice with friends in private matches.
2. Play with a friend better then ya, it is proven that if ya play with a persona better then ya, you will get better faster.
3. Center the target in ur crosshairs before zooming in.
4. If ya cant center the target, try drag scoping. it can be used as a building block for quickscoping.
5. Do little exercises to help ya get he aim down. Example: In Terminal, shoot at the tvs repeatedly till you are able to string 5 shots together with out missing.
6. Actually look thru the scope and see the crosshairs come up. The killcams do lie.
7. Have Fun

If ya need help, add my GT SiL3NTxKiLL

I

IxSPAWNxKILL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for all the tips, but i have a small question that just about everybody seems to ask about this. Do you wait until you see the crosshairs to shoot, or do you shoot while the scope is still gray? I

Also, don't you love it when that happens? (part of a person sticks through a wall so you can shoot them)
This is what i meant by dont make it look like a kill cam. In a kill cam the person will shoot when the scope is grey. What they actually did was shoot when they saw the crosshair. This is why i said you have a fraction of a second to aim. You will barely see the target through the scope before shooting and unzomming.
Take a look at the video i uploaded. I do see him through the scope. I gaurantee if that person watched the kill cam they only saw the glass on my scope(the greay part)

And yes i love when i see people sticking out of a wall. Thats what he gets for camping.
(btw i went 15-1 and won that game lol :biggrin: )

D

damiz716

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks, i did see how a killcam changes the shot when i got a quickscope in the game winning kill.

I've been getting a little better at quickscoping, and sometimes will get really good shots (although mainly luck). I got a triple collateral earlier with a quickscope, and im not sure ive even gotten a collateral before.

Also, i really think it helps a lot more to just quick scope in real games rather than to play FFA quickscopes if you want to learn how. Playing against other quickscopers is a lot different than playing against 4 people teaming up against you, and will not help that much in a real game.

M

MeekoHFC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If anyone needs help I'll be happy to host a little private match tonight (midnight UK time). Give you some tips and stuff, I'm not brilliant but I was the same as you once. GT is- Meeko90. Feel free to add me or send me a message later on.

Top Bottom
Login
Register