What's new

Solved Quicker way to install games?

Jaykae

Jaykae

Removed
Grammar Nazi Hardened Veteran Reporter
Reaction score
Sin$
My HDD was ****ed on my PS4, my USB3 was formatted and used for something else. now I have replaced the PS4 HDD and re-installing to the USB3 HDD but it's one at a time ATM, can I just copy the disc to the USB3 HDD and download ALL the updates later on?

DeeLaRoc

DeeLaRoc

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
My HDD was ****ed on my PS4, my USB3 was formatted and used for something else. now I have replaced the PS4 HDD and re-installing to the USB3 HDD but it's one at a time ATM, can I just copy the disc to the USB3 HDD and download ALL the updates later on?
Some, but some others need Day 1 patches and they are large.

DeeLaRoc

DeeLaRoc

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I disconnected my internet on my PS4, done each game then done all the downloads at once. Was way quicker.
Yeah but some games require day 1 patches to even play (cos all that’s on the disc is the licence for the game really). I have disconnected my internet before too, but some games need these day 1 patches (the ones with the huge installs). If I have those types, I start the download and then put the PS4 in rest mode. It downloads and installs faster this way.

Jaykae

Jaykae

Removed
Grammar Nazi Hardened Veteran Reporter
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah but some games require day 1 patches to even play (cos all that’s on the disc is the licence for the game really). I have disconnected my internet before too, but some games need these day 1 patches (the ones with the huge installs). If I have those types, I start the download and then put the PS4 in rest mode. It downloads and installs faster this way.

Yes, you've said that twice now...
I disconnected my net, installed from disc for every game then reconnected my internet and downloaded all games at once.

Way quicker...

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
You can use tools like PSX Download helper to download/install updates quicker.

Top Bottom
Login
Register