What's new

Solved Quick/Simple Question Regarding Modded ISO's...

• Thread starter Ps3curious
  • Start date
  • Views 262
P

Ps3curious

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am a long time user of a flashed xbox 360 console, but have never really experimented with modding ISO's and wanted to give it a shot. I still use Verbatim disks with LT 3.0+, because I haven't wanted to spend the extra money getting an xk3y and portable HDD, when burning backups to my Verbatim disks isn't obsolete yet.

ANYWAYS! I have been looking into choosing a pre-made common.rpf file found here on Se7ensins, but wanted to know if they work online to the extent of also working for any friends I invite over XBL (assuming it would have to be a private match and I was host).

tl;dr: Basically, if I host a private game for a few friends with just some simple car/weapon mods, but my friends are playing with an original retail copy of GTA V, would the mods still work just fine for them while they are in my game session?

Thanks in advance for any help or answers you guys can give me!

P

Ps3curious

Reaction score
Anybody? A simple yes or no?

C

CrushedAlmondFun

Getting There
Reaction score
Most will work online if it's bypassed correctly. Some mods on here like mine, have patched files in them so you can't play in public lobbies.

You can do an invite only session and invite your friends though.

Welcome to S7 !!!

P

Ps3curious

Reaction score
Most will work online if it's bypassed correctly. Some mods on here like mine, have patched files in them so you can't play in public lobbies.

You can do an invite only session and invite your friends though.

Welcome to 7S !!!

Thanks man! So most mods on here (just stuff like modded vehicle handling, weapons, etc.) just require replacing the common.rpf on Disk 2 in Xbox Backup Creator, and then burning them with the same settings as I would a backup of a retail copy in Imgburn and play like normal (given the fact the mods are playable online after the 1.09 patch)? And anyone I invite will be able to use the mods as well?

Thanks again for the help man! :smile:

N

NYC

AKA BrettsMοds
Reaction score
Thanks man! So most mods on here (just stuff like modded vehicle handling, weapons, etc.) just require replacing the common.rpf on Disk 2 in Xbox Backup Creator, and then burning them with the same settings as I would a backup of a retail copy in Imgburn and play like normal (given the fact the mods are playable online after the 1.09 patch)? And anyone I invite will be able to use the mods as well?

Only you can use the mods.

M

Matt Denton

Enthusiast
Reaction score

sometimes others can see the mods but depends what mods you use, most mods should work but you wont get in a public lobby

P

Ps3curious

Reaction score
sometimes others can see the mods but depends what mods you use, most mods should work but you wont get in a public lobby

Ahhh, I see. I feel like if that's the case, it's almost not even worth it for me to waste a disk to mod it if none of my friends using retail disks can experience the mods with me (in a private/invite only match) :tongue: does it make a difference that I'd only be modding it to give different vehicle handling and modded weapons, or chances are any mods I inject into the ISO wouldn't work for friends as they would for me on my end?

Thanks again for the help everyone!

M

Matt Denton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ahhh, I see. I feel like if that's the case, it's almost not even worth it for me to waste a disk to mod it if none of my friends using retail disks can experience the mods with me (in a private/invite only match) :tongue: does it make a difference that I'd only be modding it to give different vehicle handling and modded weapons, or chances are any mods I inject into the ISO wouldn't work for friends as they would for me on my end?

Thanks again for the help everyone!
you can invite them to a modded lobby i thought xD there they might be able to see the mods

P

Ps3curious

Reaction score
you can invite them to a modded lobby i thought xD there they might be able to see the mods

Just tested it out with a buddy over Xbox Live, the mods I was using were all working successfully as described in the thread I got them from, but my friend didn't have any of the mods working (he is on a retail disk with no modded common.rpf file). I guess it makes sense, but it's kind of disappointing that I cant share the fun of modded ISO's with friends who have retail consoles :tongue: Are there any mods that have been released that would somehow work for everyone over a private/invite-only match?

M

Matt Denton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just tested it out with a buddy over Xbox Live, the mods I was using were all working successfully as described in the thread I got them from, but my friend didn't have any of the mods working (he is on a retail disk with no modded common.rpf file). I guess it makes sense, but it's kind of disappointing that I cant share the fun of modded ISO's with friends who have retail consoles :tongue: Are there any mods that have been released that would somehow work for everyone over a private/invite-only match?
think of it as a fart, if you fart someone who is far away wont smell it but ones near you will xD sometimes mods dont even phase people near you. it just depends on the mod and how close people are to you in the lobby

C

CrushedAlmondFun

Getting There
Reaction score
think of it as a fart, if you fart someone who is far away wont smell it but ones near you will xD sometimes mods dont even phase people near you. it just depends on the mod and how close people are to you in the lobby

Yeah but what if you had like a truck load of Taco Bell? Then people far away will smell it for sure..

Top Bottom