• Views 4,921
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fuse

dem hacks yo
Reaction score
Sin$
I was under the impression that the HV will only have the right challenge responses if dumped off a console signed in to live!

So here is my idea may be a long shot but i don't think so someone who has atlas needs to dump there HV why signed in?

That would be the simple way there is obviously others
Wouldn't work. What gets hashed and checked is a re-created HV loaded into memory (theory). I have a feeling atlas use temp memory, so would be tricky. Like Dwack said, trying to reverse/apply retail changes to the main HV would defeat the purpose of xebuild.

Chr0m3 x MoDz

Chr0m3 x MoDz

From the top to the fall, lessons through it all.
VIP
Sinner Services Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Wouldn't work. What gets hashed and checked is a re-created HV loaded into memory (theory). I have a feeling atlas use temp memory, so would be tricky. Like Dwack said, trying to reverse/apply retail changes to the main HV would defeat the purpose of xebuild.
Ok so here is my question what is the purpose of xebuild patching the hv anyway?

And i was also thinking doesn't our hv run against theres on sign in? And then theres returns the right challenge responses?

Or are you saying there .xex actually creates a temp hv nothing to do with ours and uses that to run against the one on there server?

God3x

God3x

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Brain storming here, add non modded retail HV somewhere in the 360 memory. Move checks to the new hv location to memory, does its thing, profit?

This is somewhat right only you could use a hook to call your function as-long as you're using the correct args. Allocate some memory for this 'Retail HV' and get all the "values" required from this memory that you've loaded your HV in. I'm trying my best not to give hints.

Coming from someone who is not any closer.... stop re-posting what I tell you, acting like you know.

o_O

Furthermore ... you don't "get" a live retail HV. It's not like you can turn on your retail and wave a magic wand and it dumps the HV for you.

Yes, you can. I sometimes wave my penis at my Xbox and bamn, a retail HV is saved on my Desktop.

Ok so here is my question what is the purpose of xebuild patching the hv anyway?

Well... XeBuild has to patch all the XEX security checks if you're going to want to run unsigned code to do your hax on-live. xD.

Codster333

Codster333

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This is somewhat right only you could use a hook to call your function as-long as you're using the correct args. Allocate some memory for this 'Retail HV' and get all the "values" required from this memory that you've loaded your HV in. I'm trying my best not to give hints.
Not bad information nevertheless, biggest problem is acquiring this "retail HV" unless the first 256kb can

Yes, you can. I sometimes wave my penis at my Xbox and bamn, a retail HV is saved on my Desktop.
ohhh so that's how they do it:smile:

]

Xertz

M0D1F13D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So are the challenges that we are trying to patch values in memory or functions that return a value. In other words do you patch them by simply changing the value or hooking the function to always return true( or whatever is required )?

F

Fuse

dem hacks yo
Reaction score
Sin$
So are the challenges that we are trying to patch values in memory or functions that return a value. In other words do you patch them by simply changing the value or hooking the function to always return true( or whatever is required )?
You are getting the hash function to return ture, but not in the way you're saying.

God3x

God3x

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
There're other resources out there you know, not just you..

.. y u so butthurt?

Well, maybe you should look into actually thinking for yourself it's a good online method.

You're getting the hash checks to return retail info, but not in the way he was saying. But you already knew that didn't you Mr. Online.

Are you trying to be top-secret? It's almost as if you're trying to act important about his limited amount of information you have. Everyone knows the real theory by now, it's doing it is the challenge for most. Mr. Online? I hate you people so much.

Xeren

Xeren

♦♦♦ God Complex ♦♦♦
Legendary Veteran Programmer Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
Can you not speak English are you trying to be top-secret? It's almost as if you're trying to act important about his limited amount of information you have. Everyone knows the real theory by now, it's doing it is the challenge for most.
Not sure you needed 2 posts to tell him that...
So to start this off this is my first post on this site but i am definitely not new to modding.
Before i was on TTG and realized that only few ppl actually have 2 cents in there brain lol.
Now lets get down to buisness,
I have successfully dumped the HV, Thanks to Dwack :smile:, and now working on reversing the checks...
Now simple question, how do i replace the old HV with the reversed one?
I am not really too sure on this, well the only way that comes to mind is replace the HV in the kernel and reflash with new kernel, but it seems that everyone else does it with an xex or dashlaunch plug-in, which is my weekness and im definitely gonna do alotta research.
But if someone could help me out thatd be great, feel free to PM me if you want.
Hope i get a good welcome to S7. :smile:
Welcome to the site. I think injecting the hyper-visor through real time would be best for your testing. Look up into C++ and try making an XEX that loads a certain file within the same directory(your hyper-visor) into the memory.

Codster333

Codster333

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Not sure you needed 2 posts to tell him that...

Welcome to the site. I think injecting the hyper-visor through real time would be best for your testing. Look up into C++ and try making an XEX that loads a certain file within the same directory(your hyper-visor) into the memory.
Okay I could get a hypervisor and load it into memory, great, are you suggesting essentially overwriting in memory the hv that is currently in use? If so I was unaware that was possible

Xeren

Xeren

♦♦♦ God Complex ♦♦♦
Legendary Veteran Programmer Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay I could get a hypervisor and load it into memory, great, are you suggesting essentially overwriting in memory the hv that is currently in use? If so I was unaware that was possible
Pretty sure it's possible. But I also suggest incase something happens that you back up the old nand.

Chr0m3 x MoDz

Chr0m3 x MoDz

VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok now this is turning in to a online jtag topic let the flaming begin lol

Chr0m3 x MoDz

Chr0m3 x MoDz

VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
What flaming? This is pretty good since most of the Xbox modding community now keeps to them self.
I'm meaning its going to happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register