Solved Quick Question Before I Flash My Benq

• Thread starter Domina
  • Start date
  • Views 642
D

Domina

Reaction score
Sin$
I dont know much about chipsets. And i was just wondering if this one would work. (I found it using CPU-Z)

Chipset : Intel i845pe

If not, is there a store where I can get them? Or do you have to order them?

decima7e

decima7e

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
i dont think that will work. you will need a via vt6421 pci - sata card. these are only about 15 dollars, and if you have a lite-on you will need to buy a ck3 or a maximus xtractor. you sound like you dont really know what you are doing so you might wanna have someone do it for you, like me. i charge $30. you can pm me if you want me to do it.

S

straykiller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
the benq is one of the easiest drives to flash in my own opinion, dont pay someone to do it unless u really dont feel like messing with it. what u need to do is go buy a vai vt6421 pci sata card like said above. pop that sucker in one of your pci slots on ur mother board install the drivers from the cd that was included and ur ready to begin, look around here for some tutorials there are some great ones. the benq can be flashed using DosFlash which is much easer the using actual DOS. so id recommend looking for that tut first. there are also videos on youtube that could help u out alot and will walk u step by step through the whole process if your a little nervous or dont understand somthing. if u have trouble figuring it out just pm me and i would gladly help you out.

C

Cole Goodyear

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Order one off ebay. VIA 6421 chipset PCI card. It's like $7 shipped but it takes a while to get to you

Top Bottom
Login
Register