Quick Question about Microsoft Points and Maps

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by Galadhrim56, Dec 15, 2008 with 7 replies and 687 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Galadhrim56

Galadhrim56 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    hi guys, if got a Microsoft point card from another country and to redeem and download some content from the marketplace, in a account from that country that i have on my 360, will the content work in my account that is in another country but that i have also on my 360? :? (i want to download maps)

2. MINICHIMP 3

MINICHIMP 3 Getting There

Ratings:
    From what i understand you cannot use M$ points from another country on an 360 from different country.

(e.g. If i were to buy Mexican M$ points , i could not use them on my 360 in America.)

So maybe you should look into trading/selling the points you have for points compatible with your country.

Hope that helps. :thumbup:

3. NinjaBrian

NinjaBrian Getting There

Ratings:
    You could also create an account for what ever country it is and use the points. I had to do that when someone sent me a point card from canada.

4. OP
    Galadhrim56

Galadhrim56 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i could do that also lol, but the content that i might download in that account, will it work in my account :?

5. MINICHIMP 3

MINICHIMP 3 Getting There

Ratings:
    It should. When i recover my friends accounts to get achievements for them on rockband and guitar hero i can still play the DLC i got on my profile. I believe as long as the content was purchased and downloaded by sum one on your 360 it will be signed to your console and any profile can play it.

6. EclipseModz

EclipseModz Retired Retired

Ratings:
    As long as the profile that bought it is signed into live will you be able to use it. Or as long as the 360 it was bought/downloaded is being used you will be able to use it. both your console and profile will be licensed to use it.

7. OP
    Galadhrim56

Galadhrim56 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    awesome!, thanks guys, please can someone closed this topic?

8. Krafty

Krafty I ♥ asian women VIP Retired

Ratings:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.