Quick Dying Battery

Discussion in 'iOS Support' started by Destiny, Dec 29, 2008 with 8 replies and 2,609 views.

1. Destiny

Destiny #ZxathCheated #NeverForget Retired

Ratings:
    I just got a brand new 2nd Gen iPod Touch and the battery dies in about 8 hours. Since the battery life is 36 hours, I'm contemplating returning it and getting a new one, unless there a way of fixing it. So if there is then let me know.

2. Hovi

Hovi Aaron is forever my ***** Retired

Ratings:
    I have had mine for a month or 2 now, and I still havnt gotten the full 36hrs out of it. But 8 doesnt seem right. You can look on google, they have guides to extend the battery life. You can try making the brightness lower, and turning off the EQ. The little things.

3. Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty Free Sosa #bangbang Premium

Ratings:
    what your problem probably is the battery will look completely full after charging for like an hour or so where as it really is not. Let it charge over night.

Also battery life depends on what your doing if your playing games or watching videos then it will die fast. (or even just flipping threw your songs)

36 hours is if you start your ipod (full charge) pick a song then put it in sleep mode sot he music continues to play and the screen is off.
    also i needs to be threw head phones not speakers

• Like Like x 1
  4. Der Doktor

Der Doktor Enthusiast

Ratings:
    my battery seems to die quiet often as well. However the main thing i use it for is for watching movies and videos and playing games on it. so try to google search for some answers, here is a link that might be able to assist you in solving your battery crisis.

[Click here to view the link]

5. Hovi

Hovi Aaron is forever my ***** Retired

Ratings:
    Also i heard that if you let the battery completely drain, then charge it to full strength. It may help.

6. Forgoten Dynasty

Ratings:
    Nope
    Completely draining a lithium ion battery is never a good idea and in the end will actually decrease your battery life.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Life Without Walls

Life Without Walls Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Ok this is what you need to do. Turn down the Brightness, turn of your Wi-Fi and last while in Settings go down to Nike + iPod and Turn it off. Also try to put down your Auto-Lock to 2 minutes all this makes my iPod last like three days with out needing to charge up but when I do charge it. It charges pretty fast. I hope I help you out if I did thank my comment.

• Like Like x 1
  8. MLG The Joker

MLG The Joker Newbie

Ratings:
    i have the same probelm i dont watch videos on it that much and i usally just play games but no high graphic games so i dont get why it dies so fast

9. Forgoten Dynasty

Ratings:
    make your own topic if you have the same problem.
    But in your case i would suggest lowering your brightness