What's new

Unsolved Questions about what's the best method to Mod?

W

Wldfire

Reaction score
Good day to everyone, new member here and I was hoping to ask a few questions before ordering stuff to mod my system.

I really enjoyed reading the Tutorial - RGH 1.2 Start to finish tutorial + how to get a CR4 like experience (Phats only)
It answered so many questions but also added some new ones.

After looking at things I have a Phat system and I am pretty sure my system is a Jasper as it has the 2 keys on top of the power hookup like in pictures and has a HDMI port.

My question is, what method would you recommend to someone doing their first mod like this? I have done electronics and stuff for years, but have yet to
mod a console. I was looking at the guide and thought maybe the X360 ACE with a JR Programmer would be a good combination? In the Tutorial its mentioned the JR programmer is a
better way to go for someone doing their first one.

I would appreciate any input, suggestions or helpful links.

Thank you kindly for your time.
Ken :smile:

B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good day to everyone, new member here and I was hoping to ask a few questions before ordering stuff to mod my system.

I really enjoyed reading the Tutorial - RGH 1.2 Start to finish tutorial + how to get a CR4 like experience (Phats only)
It answered so many questions but also added some new ones.

After looking at things I have a Phat system and I am pretty sure my system is a Jasper as it has the 2 keys on top of the power hookup like in pictures and has a HDMI port.

My question is, what method would you recommend to someone doing their first mod like this? I have done electronics and stuff for years, but have yet to
mod a console. I was looking at the guide and thought maybe the X360 ACE with a JR Programmer would be a good combination? In the Tutorial its mentioned the JR programmer is a
better way to go for someone doing their first one.

I would appreciate any input, suggestions or helpful links.

Thank you kindly for your time.
Ken :smile:
For a "Jasper 360" i would use a Matrix v1 glitch chip over an Ace glitch chip.The Ace v3's work their best in Slim Trinity and Slim Corona 360's.
I have not long just finished (now sold on to it's new owner) an Elite 120gb Jasper 360.I RGH'd it using a Matrix chip,along with 28awg gauge/single strand wiring for POST,PLL and RST points.Then used 24awg gauge for the 3.3v,GND and the CLK points (use the Alt CLK solder point that is underneath the Jasper board.It makes life so much easier to solder to than using the topside point) That Jasper board was booting to dash within 3-4 seconds every single time.
Follow this tuturial video by Weekend Modder and you can't go wrong at all.

W

Wldfire

Reaction score
BluesMan67, thank you very much for taking the time to reply to my question. :smile:
The system you did sounds like mine, as mines black and has the 120gb hard drive right now.
I will watch that video today and see what all I need to get. :smile:
Thanks
Ken

Top Bottom