• Thread starter FatPhony
  • Start date
  • Views 428
F

FatPhony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am soon buying the R9 380.
But as i'm waiting for the last money i need to come in.
I have a few questions.
!I DO NOT CARE ABOUT PSYX SHADOWPLAY OR GAMEWORKS!

This will be combined with 8 GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
And a Intel Core i5-6500

1. How does it handle Fallout 4 Medium settings, GodRay at low and 720p?
2. How many frames do i get in Space engineer?
3. How many frames do i get in 7 days to die?
4. ASUS or MSI version?

S

Sanctorum

Banned
Reaction score
You'll be playing Fallout at Ultra at 720p. You'd be able to play Fallout 4 at High/Very High at 1080p with a 380. No idea what 2 and 3 are about, sorry. The 380 will max everything at 720p though. Asus/MSI doesn't matter. get whichever cooler you can afford and like the look of best, they'll all perform very similarly.

F

FatPhony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'll be playing Fallout at Ultra at 720p. You'd be able to play Fallout 4 at High/Very High at 1080p with a 380. No idea what 2 and 3 are about, sorry. The 380 will max everything at 720p though. Asus/MSI doesn't matter. get whichever cooler you can afford and like the look of best, they'll all perform very similarly.
I just heard that it gave problems at Fallout 4 as it was a nVidia gameworks game.

H

Habofro

PC Enthusiast
Retired
Reaction score
I just heard that it gave problems at Fallout 4 as it was a nVidia gameworks game.
Nah, you should be good. In 1080p Ultra setting, it runs at over 60fps in average, in almost all of the benchmarks for fallout 4. You'll be fine at 720p for sure!

F

FatPhony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah, you should be good. In 1080p Ultra setting, it runs at over 60fps in average, in almost all of the benchmarks for fallout 4. You'll be fine at 720p for sure!
What about GTA V?

S

Sanctorum

Banned
Reaction score
As I said, you'll max everything at 720p. Most people are moving on to 1440p, or 4k, from 1080p at this point, so 720p will be a breeze.

R

Reedradar

Flex and bass is what life is all about.
Reaction score
My 280 handles fallout 4 at ultra. Only take frame drops is when I spam mini nukes. You'll be fine.

P

Prefix_NA

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
It does worse on fallout than an Nvidia equivilent but it will still do 1080p in it fine.

Fallout 4 looks like **** and runs poor for how bad it looks as the engine is over a decade old but its not like a high end card will struggle to keep 60fps (the game doesn't support over 60 because physics tied to FPS there are tweaks/mods to fix that but they lead to more issues.).

Top Bottom