• Thread starter Apologetic
  • Start date
  • Views 341
A

Apologetic

Scene Girl Aficionado
Reaction score
Sin$
I was wondering if there are any must have programs, mods, resource packs, etc. for Minecraft that just make the game a lot better. I already downloaded Magic Launcher and Forge so I'm just curious if there is anything else I might need. I'm also fairly new to Minecraft so bare with me :tongue:

Adolfin

Adolfin

Your Mom's Favourite VIP
VIP
Retired
Odysseus' Summit End of the Year 2018 Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Optifine is essential for minecraft IMO. It boosts performance and just makes the game alot smoother.
Download Optifine HERE

Upvote 0
Nuclear Taco

Nuclear Taco

I Leik Minecraft
Reaction score
Sin$
I suggest sticking with vanilla (un-modded) Minecraft until you're comfortable playing it as is, before adding mods that will make the game more difficult, or introduce new concepts to the game. A few mods that I think would be fine would be.

Optifine
MapWriter
FPSPlus (This may not work with optifine)

I wouldn't recommend mods that add a fairly complex new concept to the game, but I'll list a couple anyway.

MoCreatures - This will add a ton of new hostile and passive mobs, will cause lag on slow PCs
Buildcraft - This adds a bunch of tools to automate tasks in minecraft, like mining, crafting, or moving items.
Thaumcraft - Adds a lot of research stuff, you can create some really useful stuff with this mod.

That's all I'll list, but everyone likes different stuff in minecraft, I suggest looking through the mods on the Minecraft Forums.

Upvote 0
L

Legless

Be spontaneous, be kind, be open-minded.
Reaction score
Sin$
I was wondering if there are any must have programs, mods, resource packs, etc. for Minecraft that just make the game a lot better. I already downloaded Magic Launcher and Forge so I'm just curious if there is anything else I might need. I'm also fairly new to Minecraft so bare with me :tongue:
This is a must have resource pack. Download it here.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register