Unsolved Questions About Minecraft

• Thread starter Apologetic
  • Start date
  • Views 184
A

Apologetic

Scene Girl Aficionado
Reaction score
I was wondering if there are any must have programs, mods, resource packs, etc. for Minecraft that just make the game a lot better. I already downloaded Magic Launcher and Forge so I'm just curious if there is anything else I might need. I'm also fairly new to Minecraft so bare with me :tongue:

A

Adolfin

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Optifine is essential for minecraft IMO. It boosts performance and just makes the game alot smoother.
Download Optifine HERE

A

Apologetic

Scene Girl Aficionado
Reaction score
Optifine is essential for minecraft IMO. It boosts performance and just makes the game alot smoother.
Download Optifine HERE

That sounds pretty nice. I'll definitely check it out, thanks!

N

Nuclear Taco

I Leik Minecraft
Reaction score
I suggest sticking with vanilla (un-modded) Minecraft until you're comfortable playing it as is, before adding mods that will make the game more difficult, or introduce new concepts to the game. A few mods that I think would be fine would be.

Optifine
MapWriter
FPSPlus (This may not work with optifine)

I wouldn't recommend mods that add a fairly complex new concept to the game, but I'll list a couple anyway.

MoCreatures - This will add a ton of new hostile and passive mobs, will cause lag on slow PCs
Buildcraft - This adds a bunch of tools to automate tasks in minecraft, like mining, crafting, or moving items.
Thaumcraft - Adds a lot of research stuff, you can create some really useful stuff with this mod.

That's all I'll list, but everyone likes different stuff in minecraft, I suggest looking through the mods on the Minecraft Forums.

L

Legless

Be spontaneous, be kind, be open-minded.
Reaction score
I was wondering if there are any must have programs, mods, resource packs, etc. for Minecraft that just make the game a lot better. I already downloaded Magic Launcher and Forge so I'm just curious if there is anything else I might need. I'm also fairly new to Minecraft so bare with me :tongue:
This is a must have resource pack. Download it here.

C

Connor S

Reaction score
I definatly recommend optifine, along side some sort of MiniMap mod such as Zans or Reis MiniMap.

Top Bottom