questions about jailbreaking

Discussion in 'Apple iOS' started by gk911turbo, Dec 16, 2008 with 2 replies and 425 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gk911turbo

gk911turbo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm getting an Iphone for Christmas and I had some questions about jailbreaking it. First off I know what it does and how to do it.

1.I was wondering if when you jailbreak it if there is any way they can find out you have jailbroken your phone and if there is anything they can do about it if they find out?

I am wanting to use it for when I get a new job and I already have at&t so I am keeping the service but was wondering if it can screw up anything with your cell phone service.

Can you restore your Iphone to its original status by connecting it to Itunes?
    (I have read conflicting things on this)

can you use apps that you download from Itunes on a jailbroken Iphone?

Is there anything on the Iphone that will not work once it is jailbroken?

sorry for all the questions but I am an Iphone n00b!

thanks!

2. TH3 BOSS

TH3 BOSS Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Hello no problem that is what we are here for is to answer questions.
    1st. No they will not know that you have a jailbroken iphone unless you have to take your iphone in for service to an AT&T store. Make sure you restore if you have to do that.
    2nd. No it will not mess up your phone service or at least i have never had any problems at all with this.
    3rd.yes you can restore your iphone to normal through itunes if you need too. But you will loose all your jailbroken apps. This will not mess up your iphone in any way.
    4th.yes you can use your appstore apps on a jailbroken iphone. This is one of the main reasons that i have mine jailbroken.
    5th.No everything will work on the iphone just as it does normally. If you have a lot of sources on your Cydia installer, then sometimes i have had to reboot to update the database but thats about it.
    Now i hope that answers most of your questions. Let me know if you have anymore and i will do my best to answer the best i can.:thumbup:

• Like Like x 2
  3. OP
    gk911turbo

gk911turbo Enthusiast

Ratings:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.