• Views 480
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

asdfTT123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I just started playing the RRoD rip of MW2 last night and finished the SP and played some MP online. I haven't been banned as of early this morning but I full anticipate it soon because of all of the bannings involved. I scored the $100 GC for a 360 Arcade from Amazon and it should be arriving soon as my backup system. If my current 360 is banned I would still like to use it for single player games.

Questions:
1. If my 360 is banned can I easily migrate my gamertag, current LIVE subscription, DLC, game saves, etc to my new 360 arcade and play online?
2. Will my HD alone put my new 360 in danger of getting banned even if it's unflashed and is only used to play retail games?
3. If I get another harddrive or a memory card for my old 360 can I use it to save games and make an offline profile for offline single player games?
4. Can I still use them both together in system link offline for some Halo or CoD action? Can this put my new xbox in risk of banning?

Thanks in advance.

M

MoRa

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
1. Yes.
2. Your new one will not be banned.
3. Yes, you can still save games.
4. Yes, both can be used for offline gaming such as system link.

From what you stated above, your new Xbox will not be banned.

A

asdfTT123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for your help. :smile: Do you guys suggest buying a cheap 20GB HD or a memory card for offline profile/saves?

Also, when a console is banned does it only loose functionality only in it's ability to install games to the hard drive or is it much more severe (i.e. cannot access GT, saves, etc)?

I also heard if you move a hard drive from a banned console to a new one it won't recognize it because it appears corrupt? Is this true and if so how do you get around it?

M

MoRa

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
I do all my gamesaving with a memory card using the datel transfer kit. Not sure which is better of memory card or hard drive.

When your console banned, it's like if you just don't have Xbox Live on that Xbox.

I don't know about your third question, you could try it, or wait for someone smarter then me to respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register