What's new

Solved Question?

jord404

jord404

Reaction score
Sin$
This is annoying the hell outta me, when I look in my files I have like 3 .backups of my OS and I've tried literally everything to remove them, from disk clean-up and CMD commands, they won't disappear, any suggestions?

Habofro

Habofro

PC Enthusiast
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Bug Finder Services
Reaction score
Sin$
This is annoying the hell outta me, when I look in my files I have like 3 .backups of my OS and I've tried literally everything to remove them, from disk clean-up and CMD commands, they won't disappear, any suggestions?
TheWindowsClub said:
Open Control Panel and navigate to Backup and Restore (Windows 7) applet. Click on Manage space.

delete-previous-System-Image-backups-1-600x404.png

The following Manage Windows Backup disk space setting will open. Here you can click on the View backups button.

delete-previous-System-Image-backups-2-600x578.png

This will allow you to view all your Data File backups, and delete the backups you do not need.

delete-previous-System-Image-backups-3-600x543.png

Next under System image, you may click on the Change settings button.

Now when here, you will see the following options:

1. Let Windows manage the space used for backup history
  2. Keep only the latest system image and minimize space used by backup.
delete-previous-System-Image-backups-4-600x409.png

The 1st option is the default one. Select the former or 2nd option. This will delete your earlier system images and keep only the latest System Image, thereby resulting in saving of disk space. Now henceforth, only one, and that is the latest System Image will be saved.

Top Bottom
Login
Register